𝚋𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜

𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞

your feet hit the ground hard as you sprinted down the empty street, every so often whipping your head around in hopes that he wasn't gaining on you

this isn't him, this isn't him
you repeated to yourself, like it were a mantra.
you darted around a corner, into an alley and crouched behind a discarded fridge.
you began steadying your breath.
everything was silent, until an all too familiar mechanical noise came from the end of the alley.
you covered your mouth with one hand in hopes of making no noise and reached for your pepper spray, not that it would provide much protection.
suddenly a metal hand reached around and grasped your neck tightly, pulling you around and throwing you into the brick wall.
"james please, this isn't you" you struggled to form your words as your head throbbed horribly.
"bucky it's me, y/n. please my love, listen to me"
the solider grabbed ahold of your neck once again and lifted you off your feet, holding you against the wall. tears streamed down your face and you began to kick your legs quickly, attempting to loosen his grip on you.
"please darling stop!"
the soldiers eyes, once souless, became soft and tears gathered in the corners.
"y/n? oh y/n what have i done, i'm so sorry" bucky backed away, scared he may hurt you again.
"no it's okay james, it wasn't you. it wasn't you" you held your hands out to take ahold of his own and pulled him into you.
"i never thought i'd hurt you. i love you so much" he sobbed into your shoulder, holding onto you like he never wanted to let you go.
"i love you too my dear"