𝚋𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜

𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎

you rolled over onto your side

you rolled over onto your side. the left side of the bed, usually occupied by bucky, was vacant. the sheets were crumpled and slightly damp to your touch.
you sighed lightly and swung your legs over the edge of the bed, bucky's large t-shirt hung loosely over your body.
you crept down the small, narrow hallway into your living room which was dimly light by the football that played on the television.
small whimpers echoed throughout the room, you tip-toed over to the man you loved, who twitched in his sleep.
when he couldn't sleep, you'd often find him here, claiming that his bed was too soft.
he felt like he would sink to the floor.
you knelt beside bucky and placed your hand gently on his chest, it unsteadily rose and feel.
suddenly the mans eyes flew upon.
he tiredly sat up, resting on his right arm, tears clung to the corners of his eyes.
you lay your hand on his back, gently rubbing circles with your thumb.
"another nightmare?"
bucky's eyes searched your face, which only reflected sympathy, and dropped his head against your collarbone
"i'm fine y/n"
his breath was rapid. you knew he was lying.
"hey, you know you can talk to me. i'm here for you, always"
you lifted his head off your shoulder and rested your forehead against his own, your thumbs grazed over his jaw.
"i know, i just don't want to burden you with my problems" his voice was weak as he looked into your eyes.
"your problems are my problems, buck, you either speak with me or that awful therapist of yours"
the man let out a quiet chuckle and placed his lips to your forehead.
"she likes you, you know?"
"well, that's understandable; everyone likes me." bucky shook his head, looking at you with admiration before pulling the both of you to your feet.
"let's go back to bed and i'll explain everything"