𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚛

𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

you were known as more of a vigilante than a superhero, the avengers had been attempting to recruit you, midnight, for almost a year

your ability to manipulate darkness and shadows would make you a great asset to their team, so they said.
you and peter had been friends for years, since you started high school in fact.
you watched from a rooftop as a group of fifteen people clad in gas masks entered the federal reserve, large guns by their sides.
"this should be easy"
you looked towards the shadow created by your figure and stepped into it.
you walked out of the dark alley beside the bank, two guns held in your holster and a knife on your thigh. of course your face was covered by a mask that closely resembled the winter soldiers.
suddenly a strange noise came from behind you, back in the alley. you turned slowly, drawing your gun and holding it closely by your side.
"hello? who's there?" you shouted into the dark space.
no reply.
"alright then, i'll find out myself"
your eyes filled completely black and you walked into the alley to see someone you never thought you'd see pulling on the infamous spider-man suit.
"pete? you're spider-man?"
the boy looked around in shock, unable to see anything.
"who are you? how do you know who i am?"
"oh sorry i almost forgot" you giggled, flicking your wrist and removing the darkness from the alley.
you pulled your mask off.
"y/n you're midnight and you didn't tell me!" peter gasped, his eyes roaming your body.
he began to walked towards you cautiously, his mouth agape.
"and you didn't tell me you were spider-man. so i think we may be even pete" you laughed, grasping ahold of his hand.
"put your mask on, we've got bad guys to fight"