Part 9

IN TORRES AND BISHOP'S CAR:

Bishop parks the car near the door of the Red Haring, they get out and walk to the door. "Excuse me is anyone here?" Bishop says once her and Nick are inside.

A young man probably about 30 walked to the front of the restaurant desk. "Sorry but we don't open till 4:30 p.m., so you and your boyfriend will have to come back then." He smiled.

Bishop turned to Nick and said. "Why does everyone think we're dating?"

"Ha I don't know." Nick looked back at the guy and said. "Well actually we'd like to ask you some questions about......" Nick started to trail off as a super muscular guy walked out of the back room.

"Like I said we're not open yet." The first guy said as the really muscular guy looks at Nick.

"Look we are NCIS and we would like to ask you..."

"Ellie don't!" Nick said, looking around at the other guys coming out of the kitchen and back room.

"Some questions." Bishop says holding out her badge.

"So you two are feds and there's just the two of you here?"

"Yes, we are federal agents but on the way here we called in backup." Bishop said as she took out her gun.

"Duck!" Nick yelled as he pulled her behind one of the tables as the five guys started shooting at them. Nick pushed over the table on its side and they used it as cover.

"Thanks." Bishop said looking at Nick.

"That was really dumb Ellie!" He said, shooting his gun.

"I know, I know!" Ellie said as she shot one of the guys.

Nick stood up, shot another guy and ducked back.

After the shooting died down Nick and Ellie stood up and checked the restaurant out.

"Don't you ever do that again." Nick smiled.

"What shoot all the bad guys?" Ellie said as they walked into the back room.

"No I don't wanna lose another..."

"Partner? Yeah, don't worry." Bishop said walking ahead of Nick.

"Sofia..." Nick said quietly.

"Nick we got a runner!" Bishop says as a young man runs out the back door.

"On it!" Nick says as he bolts off after the guy.

Bishop quickly walks out the front door.

*SLAM!* Nick cuffed the guy as he leaned against the car. "Heh, and he thought he could outrun me!" Nick smiled.

"Great job, Nick." Bishop said, rolling her eyes as she opened the back door of the car.

Nick put the guy in the back of the car and closed the door. "Thanks, but what can I say I'm good at my job." He said as he and Bishop got in the car.

"And so humble too." Bishop said sarcastically. "I'll call Jimmy." She says, getting out her phone.

AT NCIS HQ:

"Mr Gibbs what was it like in the Marines?" Kelly asked as Gibbs bounced her on his lap.

Kate looked at Gibbs from where she sat at McGee's desk, curious about his answer.

"Well..." Gibbs said as he thought about how tell a five year old girl that he was a sniper. "It was nice to work with a good team and...."

"Boss, I'm done with Mason Ramos and get this." McGee said walking into the bullpen.