Part 21

AT NCIS:

"Well?" Kasie asked.

"He didn't pick up.." McGee said.

"I can try, but I can't promise anything." Abby shrugged.

"Go for it Abbs." McGee said, trying to sound like Gibbs.

Abby smiled at McGee. "Okay McGibbs." Then she called Gibbs.

It went straight to voicemail again, so Abby left a message. "Gibbs you never ignore my calls, I know you're not dying in a hole somewhere so I'm not gonna call in a SWAT team this time... bye I guess.."

Nick turned to Ellie and whispered. "Did Abby actually call in a SWAT team because Gibbs didn't answer her?"

"It was before my time but from what I've heard luckily she did because Gibbs and Tony were being held by terrorists."

"Wow.." Nick said under his breath.

"Yeah, the moral of the story is, if someone knows you always pick up, don't miss their calls." Ellie whispered."

"Especially if it's Abby." Nick added.

"Well clearly he's not going to answer anyone so we'll just go ahead." Kasie said. "Take it away Jimmy."

"Well you know how skin tissue breaks down after death first around open wounds and then...

"Get to the point Jimmy." McGee said.

"Right, getting to the point, so originally I thought it was just the temperature of the ship but petty officer Jonhston was killed three to five hours before we thought!"

"And he was stabbed with two different knives!" Kaise said. "Abby and I ran this computer program that can make a 3D model of the knife based on the stab wound and surrounding tissue."

"And the knife with found petty officer Rightly's fingerprints on the handle was in the post moredom wound!" Jimmy said excitedly.

"So reasonable doubt?" Ellie asked.

"Yeah I'd say so!" Abby said.

McGee, Nick and Ellie all stood up from their desks.

"Guys we need to reinterview everyone!" Ellie said, excited.

"We can't." McGee looked at his phone. "9:30, everybody from the ship is either at home or back on the ship."

"What do you mean? It's our job to find out who really killed Johnston!"

"No, agent McGee is correct, it would take too long to find everyone involved tonight." Vance said, standing at the top of the stairs. "You can go home and start fresh in the morning."

McGee nodded and Nick, Ellie, Jimmy, Kasie, Abby and himself all walked to the elevator together.

Then Vance turned around and walked to Jack's office door and knocked. He waited a second and knocked again.

"Go away." Jack shouts through the door.

"It's me Jack." He said. "How are you going in there?"

"I'm fine, please go away." She repeated in a softer tone.

"Your office is next to mine."

The door cracked open. "How much did ya hear?" Jack asked.

"Not everything.."

"Oh." Jack sighed.

"But enough."

She sighed louder.