Part 10

Jack parked the car in the driveway of Jesse Gray's house, all the police officers and NCIS agents were long gone by now and the whole street was quiet.

Kelly was the first out of the car, she ran up to the front door and opened it and ran inside.

Jack and Kate followed Kelly inside the house.

The three of them walked down the hallway to the bedrooms. But Kate stops in the hall where she shot Ray King.

Kelly looked back from their bedroom door at Kate. "Katie? You coming?" She asked, cocking her head.

"You go ahead sweetheart, give us a second." Jack said, putting her hand on Kate's shoulder.

"O......kay but don't take too long." Kelly smiled, walking into the pink doorway.

"So that's your uncle's room?" Jack looked at Kate and put her hand on her shoulder.

"That's where I killed him... Jack. I'm no better than the guy who... killed..." Kate wiped her eyes in her hoodie sleeves.

"No honey, that's not true. Come here." Jack said, holding out her arms.

Kate hugged Jack tightly. "But.. I.. kill him..." Kate said in between the tears.

"No you didn't, not in the same way." Jack gently stroked Kate's head. "You were brave and you protected your sister."

BACK AT THE RESTAURANT:

Gibbs walked into the back room to see Torres and Bishop tear off pieces of the wall.

"And what's going on here?"

"Hey Gibbs, we're taking apart the wall." Torres says as the piece of plaster he was removing fell to the floor.

"Yeah I can see that, but why?"

"Because that's where we found the counterfeit money and the cocaine." Bishop chimed in as more of the wall fell. "Look Nick, I finally got it!"

Gibbs rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Don't worry boss, we got a warrant." McGee said, standing behind Gibbs and holding the leash of a drug sniffing dog.

"Good." Gibbs said as he pet the German Shepherd.

"And that should be the last of it." Bishop said, putting the clear bags from the wall into the evidence box.

"Oh and boss I forgot to tell you, I found this." McGee says handing an evidence bag with a small notebook inside. "I looked through it and I saw Sergeant Gray's address and a photo of Jess Gray's car and license plate on the first page."

"If you're done taking apart the wall." Gibbs looked at Torres and Bishop. "Get this stuff to Kasie." Gibbs said as he turned to leave.

"On it, Gibbs." Nick says as he picks up the box and walks out of the room.

"Hold on Nick! I'll get the door." Bishop said, following him out.

MEANWHILE AT GRAY'S HOUSE:

"Are you still feeling up to go with Gibbs and I to the party tomorrow?" Jack asked in a motherly tone. "Because don't feel like you have to."

"No .. I think I wanna go. It might be good to do something." Kate answered as she hugged Jack again. "Thank you."

"No problem, come on let's go get your stuff." Jack said.

AHAHAH?!" Kelly screamed from the other bedroom.

"Kelly!?!" Jack and Kate shouted together as they ran to the girls bedroom.