6

"My office isn't a hang out spot for you two." I scowled. Occupying the two seats in front of my desk was Chanyeol and Baekhyun. "But since you're here idling, I hope the meeting with the investors went well this morning or else I'm taking this wasted time out of your paycheck."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Sometimes I wonder if it's right to consider you a friend at all."

"You could." I shrugged. "As long you remember I'm your boss too."

"Well, boss, yes the meeting did go well. Matter of fact I managed to charm them so well that they raised their contribution five percent." He boasted.

I didn't say anything. I knew Baekhyun was good at his job. If he wasn't I wouldn't have hired him. Friend or not.

"Good." I mumbled. "Guess you'll be getting a paycheck after all."

Chanyeol chuckled. "What's got you in such a sour mood? Well...a more sour mood than usual."

"Nothing." I lied. Skimming the pile of my papers on my desk. "Just Jongin being his usual asshole self, you know." I offer a tight lipped smile.

I notice the quick look they both share. Clearly, a passive aggressive plus grinning Jongin isn't a good sign. I could tell Baekhyun and Chanyeol are about two seconds away from 'trying' to pry something out of me but before they can, the door of my office opens. I don't have to look up to see who it is. There's only one person that walks in without knocking and that person is my sister.

"What are you doing here?" I question. "Shouldn't you be halfway to the Hambtons by now?"

"I should, shouldn't I?" She responds sarcastically. I spare a glance at her as she drops her belongings on the sofa sitting in the corner of the room. "They do know you're older than me, right? I shouldn't be worrying about whether Jongin has eaten or not." She rolls her eyes, taking a step to stand next to Baekhyun.

I smile. Only a little. "You could have lied and said I did." I point out.

"You know there is no lying to my mother." Jisoo sighs. She briefly looks at the two other bodies in the room. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well, before I was threatened about not getting paid—Chanyeol and I wondered if our dear friend would want to grab lunch with us but it seems your brother is in an even more sour mood than usual." Baekhyun shares and stands to his feet. I permit a glare his way. He knows my sister will only question me about my 'sour mood'.

To my glare though, Baekhyun only grins.

Chanyeol follows suit, picking up one of the hard candy's on my desk that my assistant Yeri fills back up at the end of every week.

I watch the two of them press a kiss against Jisoo's cheek, bidding her and her only a goodbye before filing out of my office. I glare at the back of their obnoxiously large heads as I take a seat. I swipe my finger across the mouse pad waiting for the screen to come to life.

"What's wrong with you?" Jisoo asks not even a second later. She takes the seat Baekhyun occupied a few seconds ago. "Trouble in paradise?"

I look away from my newly lit computer screen and turn to look at her. There's a playful look in her eyes but I know there's nothing playful about her question.

It was this very office that I told her I'd be asking for Naeun's hand in marriage. It took about five seconds for me to find the disappointment in my sister's eyes that day. I waited for her to say something, share her disappointment with me but she only offered a smile and said 'hope she says yes'.

The words 'I don't think you should marry Naeun' would never leave her mouth but she didn't have to say it. I could read it in her body language and behind everything she said.