3. Thank you

A few days later

A few days later

*Dream/flashback*

"Where are you going you little faggot?" My biggest bully asked me while pushing me roughly against the lockers.

I hissed out in pain. I already had a bruise on my shoulder from the last time.

"I-I'm go-going home." I stuttered out.

"Oh yeah? Why? Absolutely nobody wants you there!"

"Th-that's not true. Zaynie wants me!" I argued.

"Your brother? Don't make me laugh! He was just telling earlier in the locker rooms how annoying you are and how he wishes you were never born."

"What?" I asked with tears in my eyes. Zaynie doesn't want me? 

"He doesn't want you! Nobody does! Get that through your ugly head! Just do us all a favor and die. Everyone would be a lot happier. You know what? We're gonna help you with that. Boys!"

And then he and his little minions punched me in the face so hard that I fell to the ground.

They all started to kick me. There was pain everywhere. It was all I felt. I had never been in so much pain before.

I was sobbing and begging them to stop. They of course didn't listen.

"HEY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" They were interrupted by a very angry voice.

They boys stopped to see who it was. I looked up as well. It was my brother. Seeing him brought a new patch of tears in my eyes.

"Get away from him! Now!" Zayn yelled.

"Or what? What are you going to do Malik?" The bully teased him.

"I warned you." Zayn said with a smirk before he went and punched the main bully.

He fell down to the floor next to me. When he wasn't getting up I noticed that he had fallen unconscious.

The other boys must have noticed it as well because they all ran away like the cowards that they are.

Zayn kneeled down next to me and gasped when he saw what condition my face was in. It must've been pretty bad because next thing I knew Zayn was crying as well.

"Oh my baby! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry I wasn't there! I promise I'll always protect you from now on!"

*Dream/flashback over*

I suddenly woke up from my nightmare with a gasp.

Actually it wasn't a nightmare. I wish it was. It was a flashback of a few years ago.