𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

(     THIRD PERSON TOMMY     )

Tommy felt a big smile on his face as he finished typing his temporary goodbyes to his newfound... friend. Don't tell anyone that, though. He found himself really enjoying his time talking to Millie, a lot more than he thought he would. He liked her witty comebacks and personality, and sure, she was pretty, but Tommy was always too busy laughing at her and her jokes to be nervous about it.

It was when they were quiet, he got nervous. However, Tommy was not nearly as nervous then compared to when Millie had pointed out how quiet he was. He was listening to her quiet hums in agreement, which at the time sounded like a heart melting melody. He liked helping her. He overall just really liked spending time with her.

He was really embarrassed - for what reason, he doesn't know - when she pointed it out. Maybe it was because he didn't use his quieter voice, ever, he just wasn't paying attention. He's so used to having to be loud, it's become his default tone when sitting in that chair.

Although, he probably didn't look half as embarrassed then compared to a few seconds later, when she said she liked it. Tommy rubbed his hands over his eyes and let out a confused and slightly shaky sigh.

To any normal person, someone saying they liked their voice would be fine. Wow, thanks for the compliment. That's what a normal person would say. They would be flattered and move on with their day. That's probably what Tommy would've done if it were anyone else, too. No, that's too nice. He'd probably keep being loud and mean if someone else were to compliment him. But the girl seemed to know just how to shut him up.

The thing that Tommy didn't understand was the reasoning behind the leap his heart took when Millie had softly said that she liked his voice. It was so dumb. Dumb and cringe-worthy. It was a compliment, a small, meaningless compliment, but he couldn't get those few words out of his head.

He thought back to another girl he liked for a short time, years earlier. He remembered the same hurdles he felt in his heart when she had been placed as his partner for a project. He cringed again. Was he seriously acting like a 12 year old child again?

Tommy started editing his latest video, trying really hard to get the thought out of his head. It'll pass after a while, won't it? He didn't have feelings for a girl he barely knew. He knew the repercussions online relationships had. A few days ago, he reminded himself just how sworn off relationships he was.

Tommy figured he wasn't going to be able to get the thought anytime soon, so he got up from his chair, and laid on his bed. He stared at his room's ceiling and pondered for what seemed like hours. Soon enough, he got a notification from Twitch and Twitter simultaneously.