1.10

Like Brother Like Sister...

Crooked Teeth blasted through the speakers, while the girls danced, and Carrie watched. She loved the way it was all coming together, but she noticed the lack of energy in a lot of the girls. Her eyes were drawn to Cameron. Her energy was the highest and you can see just how much she loved to perform.

The song came to a stop and all of the girls either got water or immediately sat on the ground. Cam bent over, keeping her hands on top of her knees, focused on her breathing. Carrie began to clap, making all of the girls look up.

"Nice job everyone... but I need to see more energy!" The dancers slowly nodded their heads at Carrie's correction. One by one the dancers grabbed their stuff and walked out. Cameron and Carrie were the only two left in the room.

"Hey, Carrie?" The dirty blonde turned around and crooked her neck slightly to the side.

"What's up?"

"I met Nick earlier today... and I was just wondering, does he go clubbing?" The brunette asked. Carrie wasn't sure if she was supposed to laugh or not.

"Nick, Clubbing? No. Why? Are you interested in him?"

"No, no, no! Something just threw me off." Cameron further explained.

"Yea... well, he hasn't been acting like himself since Julie performed at the Orpheum."

"Gotcha... well, I'll see ya later. Bye, Carrie!" They both grabbed their bags and went their separate ways. Instead of going home, Cam went to Julie's. The studio door was open and she put her bag down, standing near the piano.

"Hey, Cam! How was rehearsal?" Alex asked out of curiosity.

"It was good... why? You wanna learn the dance?!"

"Did it go something like this?" Alex questioned, getting up from the couch. Cameron watched as the blonde performed a small dance for her.

"You got moves! But, you're gonna have to be a lot sharper than that. I'll teach you the dance later!" Cam said, excited for him to learn.

"Oh my God... you guys are something else," Luke stated, laughing a little. Julie hit his arm and shifted her seating position.

"Guys! We're trying to figure out why Cam can see the three of you, but be able to touch Reggie." Everyone fell silent, trying to come up with a reasonable explanation.

"OH! I ate a hotdog once when I was five... but then I found out you died from one, so I never ate one again." Cameron said in a tone that confused herself. Alex squinted his eyes at her,

"Yea... I feel like that's just not it."

"Maybe, maybe... there is no reason." Cameron said, almost hopeful. Trying to figure this out, was getting stressful.

"What about the bass? Have you ever tried to play it?" Reggie questioned, looking at his red instrument and then back at her.

"Once! But it did NOT go well..." chills ran up the brunette's arm at the memory.

"When did you try? What happened?" Luke asked Cameron.

"Not too long ago, but when I wanted to try and learn, Reggie's amp wasn't working..."

"What did you do?" Julie wondered out loud.

"Well, it's like I said before, Reggie's amp wasn't working..." Cameron thought back to the day it happened.

After she plugged in the amp, it didn't work. The brunette hit the piece of equipment multiple times, hoping that it would somehow fix itself.

"So I took it outside to try and fix it, except it happened to be raining..."

Cameron left her hood on, hoping the cold air would get the amp to work. She thought maybe something was stuck and the rain would wash it out.

"And it kinda shocked me..."

She connected the wire from her guitar to the amp. Cam thought it would be easier to carry the equipment back into the house that way. The only problem was that even though the amp itself wasn't plugged in, the chord she connected was wet. When she attached it to the amp, a loud zap was heard, and Cameron fell backward. She held onto the bass as tight as she could.

"Ugh, I am never doing that again!" The brunette spoke softly to herself. She put her head back down on the grass and slowly closed her eyes.

"When I laid back down, I must've passed out for at least an hour..."

The girl felt water hit her face and a cool breeze push past her head. She blinked her eyes awake and saw the blue sky. Cameron slowly looked around realizing she was still outside.

"Oh my God, how long have I been out?!" The brunette got up, grabbing everything and running back into her house. She put the bass and amp in her closet and got into some warm pajamas since her clothes were soaked.

"That's the last time I try that," Cam spoke to herself. Her parents didn't even notice the absence of the teen. Their fights continued and the blue-eyed girl put her headphones on, raising the volume to its highest setting. She got up and did what she does best... danced.