1.21

The Waiting Process...

"Oh my God, Flynn, we actually need her!" Cameron explained.

"Yea? For what exactly?" Carrie asked, throwing all of her attention onto the brunette.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Flynn interrupted.

"GUYS?! HELLO!" Julie yelled, trying to focus the two arguing girls.

"Clearly, Flynn. That's why I asked."

"Yeah... okay, this was a bad idea," Alex said, looking toward Cam and Julie.

"Shut up, Alex! This is going to work... it has to. Carrie, I need you to call Nick over. I can't do it because he'll suspect something... same with Julie. Just make up an excuse that gets him here!"

"Now that..." Julie paused and circled her hand in front of Cameron, "that's settled. Flynn, what do you got?"

"What do I got?... An exorcism for ghosts, duh!"

"Great! Let's do this!" Cam spoke with excitement. Carrie took her phone out and dialed Nick's number.

"Hey, Nick! Right now I'm at Julie's... Cam and Flynn are here too, but they're so boring! Think you can come over and try to make things... I don't know, at least a little interesting?" The dirty blonde had her phone on speaker so everybody could hear the boy's response.

"Oh... uh, yeah, I'll be right over." She hung up the phone and everybody did a small cheer.

"Okay, I know you didn't mean it Carrie, but your words... they hurt." Cameron joked, placing a hand on her heart.

"Now, all we have to do is wait," Julie added.

"Hey, do any of you hear Cameron's name being called?" Alex wondered.

"No, I don't hear anything."

"Wait a minute... Alex is right, I hear it too." Luke continued.

"Hey, isn't that Willie's voice?" Reggie asked. Alex looked up at him and the hurt was evident in his eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry Alex... do you want me to tell him to leave?" Reggie questioned, trying to make the blonde feel a bit better. Before Alex had the chance to enter Willie walked into the studio.

"Look, I'm so sorry I got you guys wrapped into all of this. I would've come by sooner, but Caleb had someone tell me you guys all died... again." As much as Luke appreciated Willie's help, in the end, all he could think about was how upset Alex had been.

"I don't care. You should stay away from us... ALL of us!" Luke stated, gesturing toward Cam and Julie.

"I came here for Cameron! I told her I'd help her take down Caleb. I've been trying to get her attention, but without the club, she can't see or hear me." Willie explained.

"Wait, if Willie's here... why can't I see him?" Cameron asked.

"It has to do with the ghost club. You can't see him unless you're there." Reggie answered.

"Oh..." Cameron tried turning to look at the ghost and when she faced the wrong way, her brother tilted her head, so she was looking directly at him. "Well, we already have a plan to take Caleb down, so you don't have to worry."

"Okay... hey, Alex? Can we talk?" Willie wondered.

"Yeah... sure, um I'll be outside." The blonde stated, walking out with Willie behind him.

"I am so sorry-" Willie started.

"I know. But how come you didn't try to see me afterward?" Alex asked.

"I was told that The Orpheum wasn't your unfinished business and that the stamps got you three."

"Do you just took their word for it? You didn't even care to find out for yourself?"

"It's not like that..."

"That's what it feels like..." Alex whispered.

"Listen, I really like you, I want to fix this... please." Willie pleaded. The blonde stopped in silence, thinking and trying to wrap his brain around it all.

"I really like you too." He admitted. Willie smiled bright and grabbed Alex's hand.

"Ready to go back in there, Hotdog?"

"Okay, still hate the nickname. Just for that, I'm not holding your hand." The blonde stated, taking his hand out of Willie's, while they laughed. When the two boys entered back into the studio, Julie, Luke, Cameron, and Reggie all paused to stare at them.

"What?!" Alex asked with a slight smile plaster across his face. Cameron sighed and took out a five-dollar bill, handing it to Reggie.

"I should've gotten in on that bet." Luke pouted.

"Why do you even need the five? You're dead." Cam asked her brother who just laughed, showing off the bill.

"It's the principle of it. I'm teaching you a valuable lesson about bets." Reggie gloated, while Cameron scoffed, walking up to the couch in the back and lying down on it.

"Hey! That's my couch!" Luke shouted.

"Yes it is and it is com-fee!" Later that night, the group of kids stayed lingering around Julie's studio, just waiting for Nick to show up.

"Oh my God! How long does it take to get here?" Flynn questioned, clearly agitated.

"I don't know!... do you guys wanna order a pizza?" Cameron asked innocently.

"A pizza?! Cam, are you even taking this seriously?!" Julie panicked.

"... uh, yes Julie, I am taking this seriously! I would take it even more seriously if my stomach was full," Cameron spoke, muttering the last part. Two knocks hit the side of the studio door and everyone's attention turned toward it.

"Showtime..." Carrie spoke, while Julie walked up to the door and opened it for Caleb to come in.