1.13

Unknown Coincidence

Julie saw how the color drained from Luke, Alex, and Reggie's faces. The girl looked at Cameron, unsure of what to do.

"Hey... wasn't there something you wanted to show Nick?"

"Uh, yea! Follow me... it's in the house." Julie said, playing into Cam's words. When the two left, the group huddled up.

"That has to be Caleb, remember his song... The Other Side Of Hollywood?" Luke asked the boys, who were skeptical of Cameron's accusations.

"I think that's my cue. I'm gonna head out." The girl told the boys.

"I'll come with you!" Reggie exclaimed. The siblings walked outside and Cameron faced her brother.

"Ya know, you didn't have to follow me out. Besides, I'm not going home just yet."

"Where are you going?"

"Nowhere special, but I'll meet you home." The boy nodded his head and walked back into the studio. Cameron threw the hood of her jacket up and drove into town. She looked at the Orpheum, remembering her brother's dream. She smiled, knowing the old Sunset Cure memory was replaced with their Stand Tall performance.

Cameron parked and continued walking until she found it... The Hollywood Ghost Club. The brunette walked in with her head down, hoping she wouldn't draw any attention to herself.

"There has to be someone here to help me stop Caleb." She whispered to herself. A boy came walking up to her. He had long brown hair, dark eyes, and a sweet smile.

"Are you new here? What's your name?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah... I'm Cameron." The girl introduced, extending her hand for him to shake.

"You know I'm a ghost, right? Lifers can see ghosts here. Didn't you make a deal with Caleb?"

"Not exactly... wait, what's your name?" She wondered.

"I'm Willie. If you didn't make a deal with Caleb, why are you here? How'd you even find this place?" Cameron decided to ignore his questions and ask her own.

"Do you actually like it here? Isn't there something else you'd rather be doing... or someone else you'd rather be with?" Willie was quick to look down.

"Well, yea. But, Caleb owns my soul. Trust me, if I could take him down... I would."

"Good to know... I might need your help. I think Caleb is possessing someone at my school." Cameron further explained.

"He's doing what?!"

"Yea, I know..." the girl adjusted the hood on her head, making it impossible for anyone to recognize her. She took a look around and noticed someone familiar walking into the club. "Oh my God, is that Carrie's dad?!" The man was just standing there, eyeing the entire club, trying to find a specific person.

"I don't know. He's probably looking for Caleb. Bobby's been a regular here for the last twenty-five years... at least that's what I've been told." Willie spoke.

"... Twenty-five years?! I'm sorry Willie, I have to go! If you need to find me, I live next door to three ghosts, who've been in this club before. Their names are Reggie, Luke, and Alex!" Cameron quickly walked out of there, while Willie's head was still down. The boy's eyes shifted from side to side in rapid movements.

"Wait, Alex? They're still here?!" He finally looked up, seeing she was no longer there. "And... she's gone." Willie started to pace back and forth. Caleb had told him that Alex crossed over after the Orpheum. The ghost grabbed his skateboard and left, needing time to process everything. Cameron had finally arrived home and opened the door, hearing her parents screaming at each other.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!" They didn't even take a second to glance at their daughter. The girl huffed and ran up the stairs, towards her room.

"Hey Reg-" she frowned, seeing that her brother hadn't come home yet. "Oh, he's probably still at Julie's." Cameron walked back down the stairs and tried talking to her parents.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go outside. Guys? Can you both just stop fighting for a second!" She snapped.

"Stay out of this!" Her parents scolded. The brunette walked out the door and lied on top of her car, looking up at the sky. Usually, this is where she'd talk to Reggie. The girl laughed to herself, remembering how she'd talk at the sky, hoping he was there, listening. But in reality... Reggie didn't even know she existed.

"Hey Cam, you're back! Why are you out here all alone? Are you waiting for Reggie?" A voice asked. The girl lifted her head up to see who it came from and she smiled, realizing it was Luke.

"My parents are fighting and I don't feel like listening to them alone... again. With Reggie there, it's not so bad anymore... but without him? It sucks." Cameron explained, jumping off of her car. Luke's face softened up and a small smirk appeared on his face.

"Come with me... I bet I could cheer you up!" The boy stuck his hand out for her to take, causing the girl to laugh.

"You know I can't actually grab your hand right?"

"Right." He laughed, putting his hand down. His smile never faltered and she followed him into Julie's studio.