1.18

What To Believe...

The next morning, Cameron woke up extra early with an agenda. She walked over to Julie's lyric box and searched through the papers until she landed on Perfect Harmony. A wild smirk spread across Cam's face and she took it out, folding it in half. The girl grabbed a pen and wrote: New Song??

Cameron then took the song and made her way towards the garage. She paused, seeing the ghosts sleeping. It hadn't occurred to her until now that dead people need sleep too. Cameron let out a sigh of relief, knowing she wouldn't have to explain what she was doing. The girl saw Luke's guitar and placed the paper between the strings. Cam quickly left before they got back and before the girls got up. The brunette's day went by pretty normal until Ryleigh stopped at her locker.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" If Cameron was drinking water, that question would have made her spit out her drink.

"What?"

"Do you... believe in... ya know, ghosts?" Ry asked once again.

"No, I can't really say I do," Cam answered.

"So you wouldn't believe my theory either."

"What theory?"

"Well, I have this theory that Julie's hologram band, isn't holograms, but ghosts," Ryleigh explained.

"What, uh... what would give you that idea?"

"For starters, a phantom is just another term for ghost."

"For starters?" Cameron questioned, slowly starting to sweat.

"Ya, during Julie's performance at the Orpheum, the drummer and the lead guitarist held hands and bowed. If they were holograms wouldn't that have glitched? But who cares? You don't even believe in that stuff."

"Right..." the whole rest of the day Cam thought about Ryleigh. If she was thinking the boys could be ghosts, how long until everybody else thought the same thing. By the time school was over, Cameron headed to Julie's. Ray answered the door and called his daughter down.

"We'll be in the studio," Julie told him. He nodded in agreement and started to walk away.

"Have fun!" He called out. As the two girls entered the studio, they heard someone humming. Julie's eyes widened, recognizing the tune.

"How do you know that song?!" She asked panicked. Luke stopped humming and turned around to face her.

"Didn't you leave it in my guitar?" He asked confused.

"Um, no! No, I didn't!" Julie answered as annoyance laced her voice.

"Well, if you didn't... Cam, did you write this?" Luke wondered.

"You're kidding, right? I picked up a bass and got shocked so hard, I can see ghosts! Oh! Maybe Reggie wrote it." Cameron spoke, accusing her brother. Julie was shooting daggers at the girl, hoping no one would catch on that it was about Luke.

"Uh, me? I didn't write it! I only really wrote a country song." Reggie explained.

"Home is where my horse is... I know."

"It's a good song! Julie already said we could do it." He argued.

"Enough about the country song! Julie, I know you didn't give it to me... but, did you write it?" Luke asked, stepping closer to her.

"Okay... yes, I did write it, but it's not about anyone!" She defended.

"Oh..." Luke responded, acting like he didn't care, even though he was a little hurt. While all of this happening with five teenagers, Carrie made a phone call.

"Hey, can you come over? We need to talk."

"Yea, of course! I'll be right over." It didn't take long before Nick got to Carrie's mansion. He knocked on the door and she was quick to open it.

"Good, you're here. I wanted to talk to you about Cam..."

"Okay... what about Cam?" Nick questioned.

"Well, you guys have been talking a lot recently... do you like her or something?" Carrie wondered.

"No... I like Julie. Cameron is friends with her, so I thought she could help me out."

"You changed," Carrie spoke, looking him up and down. "Whatever, I need to finish watching Dirty Candi's dance rehearsal."

"Uh, yea. I guess I did." Nick paused, watching the computer screen. "Wait, let me see that for a second!"

"Yea, I know... she was talking to herself and when I came back, my lights unplugged," Carrie explained.

"And you don't think that's weird?"

"I mean, if she never got to meet her brother... maybe she just made him up in her head. Ya know?"

"Maybe something like that. I have to go, I just found out I've been played." Nick said storming out of the mansion. Carrie decided to call Cameron over. As much as the dirty blonde didn't want to pry, she needed answers.