1.2

Seeing Spirits...

"Is there a problem?" Carrie asked.

"Uh, no... it's just, nevermind. I'll catch ya later." After Cameron finished school the girl rushed home. The song Carrie gave her sounded too familiar... but why? The teenager ran up to her room and searched through whatever drawer or box was around.

"Where is it?!" She questioned herself, searching high and low for the journal she was reading yesterday. That's when Cameron remembered... she ran down the stairs for pizza and completely knocked over the journal. She found it underneath her desk and smiled wide.

"Oop... there it is!" She once again said, talking to herself. Cammy read more songs in the journal, as her parents fought downstairs. The brunette rolled her eyes and turned up the music in her room. Her eyebrows scrunched together as she looked at one song.

"Home Is Where My- is this a country song?" Cameron shook her head and kept flipping through the paper until she landed on Crooked Teeth. Looking at the words on the paper, she grew more confused.

"It's the exact same song..." The girl pulled out her phone and went to text Carrie, but realized she didn't have her number, she only gave her's out. That's when the teen thought about Julie.

She didn't know much about her new neighbor and if she was friends with Carrie, but if she lived here all of her life... maybe she knows a little something about what could be going on. Without a second thought, Cameron got up and walked over to Julie's house. She knocked on the door and a man answered.

"Hi, I'm Cameron... I'm looking for Julie?" The man who opened the door smiled,

"I'm Ray, I think she's in the studio... if not, I'll just send her down."

"Thank you!" Cameron entered the studio, hoping to find Julie. The lights were on, so the teen assumed she had to be around somewhere.

"Julie you in here? It's Cam... oh, sorry! I didn't know Julie was having people over." The girl said, noticing a blonde boy relaxing on the couch. His head perked up and he stared at the girl.

"Are you talking about me? You can actually... SEE... ME?!" He half panicked. Cameron felt her face, thinking something was wrong with her.

"Oh- um- yea... I think so." The blonde boy smiled in disbelief, she was able to see and talk to him.

"I'm Alex..." as he introduced himself he noticed a familiar notebook in the girl's hands. "Hold on, where did you get that journal?!" Cameron looked down and realized she was holding the blue songbook.

"It used to be my brother's before he died twenty-five years ago... this is his flannel too." Alex took a good look at the brunette and couldn't help but think about Reggie.

"How is this possible?!" The blonde shouted. Cameron was taken back by his sudden outburst and backed up. She put her hands up and asked,

"Woah, Woah, Woah! Wait, how is what possible?" Alex shook his head from side to side and pointed at her.

"You! I have so many questions." Cammy blinked rapidly before replying,

"About what? I came here looking for Julie. I just met you." They both stared at each other in silence, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Alex?"

"Yea?"

"How is what possible? You never answered my question!" Cameron said, eyeing the boy up and down.

"Uh, it's nothing... I think. Anyways, why did you need to talk to Julie?" The girl sighed, knowing he wasn't gonna talk about what was really on his mind.

"Well, Carrie gave me one of her dad's songs and it looked familiar... turns out, it's the same song my brother's band wrote. I know Julie probably doesn't know anything, but maybe she could help me figure out why." Alex nodded his head along to her explanation. His eyebrows scrunched and he cocked his head to the side.

"Gotcha... so you're saying, your brother was also in a band?" He questioned.

"Yea, the name of it was Sunset Curve. My mom always said they were just a garage band, but I played their demo CD. There was this song, Now Or Never... they would've been something." Cameron spoke, while Alex's jaw fell slightly open.

Even though he knew his suspicions were correct, he wanted to get a second opinion on it before he told Reggie. The studio door opened and he took that opportunity to poof out and talk to Luke. Julie walked in, seeing Cameron sitting in a chair next to the couch.

"Hey, Cam! My dad said you'd be in here... what's up?"

"Hey, Julie! Wait, where did Alex go?" Cameron asked, looking around the now empty room. Her question made Julie pause in her tracks.

"How do you know about Alex?" The brunette just stared at Julie. Why was it so weird that she saw the boy?

"Because... I was talking to him like a second ago." Cameron answered, taking the flannel off and resting it on the couch. After Alex poofed out, he saw Luke and Reggie hanging out together.

"Hey, Alex, where ya been?" Reggie asked.

"I was talking to... someone." The blonde responded, giving up as little information as possible.

"You okay Alex? You look spooked and considering we're ghosts, I don't think that's good." Luke questioned with a slight laugh.

"Yea I'm good. Uh, Luke? Julie said she needed to see you in the garage. Reggie, why don't we go hang out with Ray?" Luke's smile only grew as he walked toward the garage and Reggie looked at Alex.

"Don't forget about Carlos!" He shouted, running into the Molina household.

"Oh boy..." Alex whispered to himself.