Prologue 👻🎸

A Change In Scenery...

"Cammy!" A woman shouted from down the stairs. The brunette took one last look at all of the boxes she had packed and met her mom halfway.

"What?"

"Please tell me you finished packing. Your father is already in Los Felíz and you know we have to leave today."

"I just finished, can you help me load them into the truck?" Cameron questioned. Her mom smiled and walked up the stairs. They went back and forth, from the teenager's room, down to the truck, until the house was empty.

"Do you have everything?" Her mom asked.

"Yea... wait! No, I forgot his shirt!" Cameron answered, running back up to her room for the last time and grabbed the red and black flannel, meeting her mom outside.

"You grabbed Reggie's box too, right?" The girl asked. Her mom nodded yes and gestured for Cameron to get into the truck. The brunette pulled out a Sunset Curve demo CD,

"Can I play this?" Her mom gave her a sympathetic look,

"You know it's too hard for me to listen to... they were just a small garage band with big dreams." Cameron didn't answer, instead, she just scoffed.

"They could have been something! You don't even talk about him anymore. All I know is that he played bass in this band and that you never believed him growing up. At least- at least you got to know him." Her mother, Alice wanted to respond, but when she saw her teenage daughter put earbuds in, she remained silent.

Cameron had already downloaded the CD onto her phone and played the only song on it: Now Or Never. She rested her head against the window and just stared up at the sky, hoping he was watching over her. After the song was over, Cameron felt her eyes get heavy and she let them close, welcoming the very much needed sleep.

~ Hours Go By ~

Alice shook her daughter's leg, lightly waking her up.

"We're here." Cameron got out of the truck and looked around. It was a nice neighborhood and she could hear music coming from the house next door. The brunette smiled to herself as she walked through the door.

"Hey, Dad!"

"Cammy!" Her father, Oliver shouted. They shared a brief hug before he left to go help Alice unload the truck. Cameron took the opportunity to explore her new house. She didn't mind the move, the teen didn't have many friends and she was always doing her own thing. The girl found a spot in her room and played Now Or Never.

She started to choreograph a routine, excited that her new high school provided a dance program. Cameron turned the music up even louder when she heard her parents start to fight about how to decorate the living room. The brunette sighed but drowned them out with music. After a while, a knock was heard on her bedroom door.

"Come in." Oliver opened the door, with Alice not too far behind.

"What would you like for dinner?" Her dad asked.

"Pizza!" Cameron answered before he could even finish his sentence.

"Cammy, you always want pizza," Alice argued.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." The teenager responded. Oliver laughed at his daughter,

"I guess... I'll call in our order." Alice rolled her eyes, while Cameron jumped up and down in victory.

"Your boxes are downstairs." Her mom said, giving her a heads up. She shook her head and followed her parents down the stairs to get her stuff. It took a few trips, but she finally got them all into her room, including Reggie's stuff. Cameron closed her door and put on the flannel she almost forgot at the old house. The girl grabbed his notebook labeled, Sunset Curve.

The brunette sat at her bae window, burying herself into Reggie's flannel as she began to read the journal. Most of it was titles to a song and the notes he needed to play bass, but it made Cameron feel closer to her sibling. She came across a page called Crooked Teeth.

The teen started to giggle when she saw that at the top of the page he wrote: HA! This is about Alex! She flipped through more pages and laughed even harder when she saw at the bottom corner of a random page, had somebody else's handwriting, saying:

Crooked Teeth is about you, Reg! Cameron went back to the song and read the lyrics, under the bass notes. She didn't know who in the band came up with the words, but she enjoyed it, nevertheless.

"Pizza!" Alice called up to her daughter. The girl perked her head up and ran down the stairs, without a second thought.

"Are you excited for school tomorrow?" Oliver asked his daughter, who had her mouth full of pizza already. She shook her head up and down and waited until she finished, to speak.

"Are you kidding? I go to school... for dance! I can't wait!" Her mom laughed, happy that Cameron was so excited. The brunette got a second slice of pizza and kissed it.

"Don't kiss your food!" Alice tried to say seriously.

"Hey! I don't go around telling you what to do with the things you love!" Oliver started to laugh, making Alice and Cameron laugh as well. After dinner, the teenager went back up to her room and picked out an outfit for her first day. She played music and lied down on her bed, slowly falling asleep.

Author's Note: This is just a little introduction, I hope you liked it! Thanks again for all of the support :)