009: She's just like you, but cuter

Adam flinches because of the loud sound of things being taken from drawers and cabinets and then shoveled into the large bag. "I'm sorry papa...I didn't mean to"

The loud banging and glass shattering stops. "How many times do I need to tell you! Trust no one! I'm doing my best to be what you need, to fill that empty space of Miruri! Have I failed you in doing so?!" Ambus, Adam's father, scolded. The tiny child twitched, he never heard his father stout directly at him before. 

While fidgeting Adam quickly answers his father in hopes to lessen his distress "no, no! please papa I just...wanted a friend"

Ambus exhaustively bush his black hair then sighs.  "That's the problem rosie! You can't have a friend, at least not in this time and age! Just look at what that does to us! We need to move!" saying those words Adam can't help but feel like he's a disappointment so he did his best to express what made him do what upset his father.  

"I never saw her look at me like those adults… I thought she's different from them" after he said those words Ambus slammed his hand on to the table which made Adam flich in distress. 

"SHE IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE SHE'S A CHILD! She's three years old, a child like them is still innocent from the world" he started to shout but then lowered his voice when he noticed how this was affecting his only child. He sighs and takes his cigarette from his pockets. 

Adam stares at his father, who is upset and at the same time stressed from the sudden move and danger they might be in but he can't help but wonder.

"What about me? I'm just four years old, a child too but why..." his father who is still lighting his cigarette stops, then he crouches down before adam. "You are different, you know that" Ambus answers softly as if he is carefully maintaining a fragile glass.  

Adam, even though have a high IQ and has known the dangers of the world, still has the valuability of a child who is four.  

He didn't think before the words came out of his mouth. "must be nice...to be like everyone" 

Upon hearing those words, Ambus is hurt and shocked. "ADAM ROSIE ROSEWELL! Think before you say those words! Are you blaming us, because we want to have you? Do you hate being born from us?" Adam's father never wanted to ask these questions to his child who is four years old, he doesn't want to pressure Adam but shit is about to go down. 

To him, Adam is the most precious thing and a miracle, so hearing those words coming out of Adam broke his heart.

As if sensing the atmosphere Adam quickly answer his father with pure honesty "no, I love mama and papa, i love you guys more than anything It just...sometimes I envy them, I'm sorry papa, I really didn't mean it like that, i swear"  

Ambus brushes his hair once again, a habit he develops to express his stress and take a breath from it. 

"I'm sorry too, son, your mother and I thought you will come out as normal but...we never wanted you to see these, and know these things but you have to, no you need to, because you need to survive adam until you can find a place where you are belong and cherish" after he said those words Ambus hug adam's small body. The warmth the tiny child felt from the cuddle is comforting and relaxing. 

"How long is that? Can I have a friend if I found that place?" he whispers while buried into the warm hug of his father. His father hummed and leaned back to gaze Adam right in his eyes. 

"Of course! You can have as many as you want! As long as you keep each other safe" he also taps Adam's nose using his index finger, another habit he does to seal his promises. Adam giggles and smiles at his father. He's happy that he's not upset anymore.