Why do we commit mistakes? What a rhetorical question indeed. But, when you think deeper, why? Things didn't happen as you hoped they would. Why?

Maybe because we're all humans and that's the obvious answer we can't possibly argue with. Maybe because we learn by trial and error, but learn much faster when trials are similar and errors are clearer. It's just confusing, isn't it?

The room is gloomy as Mo Yuan runs his palm through his messy hair. He is sitting on the sofa's edge and for some reason, he starts to feel ashamed. It's for what he did of course. 

Isn't he already an adult which can outweigh right or wrong?

How disappointing. Everything around this room is choking. 

The woman remains still as the sheet covered her creamy complexion. Her tears continue to flow as if they never plan to stop. Can she really blame this man alone? Isn't she involve too?

Deafening silence—

"Qian Qian..." by the way he speaks, you can tell he's disappointed and probably for himself. "About what happened..." He's basically holding back what to say next.

His ego uprises as it plans to torture him more.

"Why?" she asks.

Maybe she's right, the question that lingers in his mind now is, "why?"

Just what the freaking reason?

"Sorry." his tone is dry. "I shouldn't-----"

"Do that?"

Her words are like a sharp blade that slew him instantly. 

Silence

"Shifu..." 

His eyes widened.

Shifu...

He had heard that before. He is sure of it.

He shifts his vision back to her. "Why did you call me that?"

Silence

Bai Qian curve a gentle smile.

But, behind that beautiful beam is a tragic ending which supposes to be their story. "Don't you remember anything from the past?" she asks. "Don't you remember how we've met? How we made our promise?"

His forehead twitches for he knew nothing. He remembered none. A slight chuckle can be heard from her. "Mo Yuan..."

His frustration doubled. 

Is she... is she playing with his emotions?

"This isn't any good jokes," he said coldly. 

"I'm not." Her face became so serious. Seconds after, she helps herself sit as she exhaled heavily. "Don't you question why you have feelings for me?" she lowers her gaze as she wipes the small tears. "We promise to wait for each other."

"Bai Qian!" He's now, outrage! This is not funny at all.

"I'm sorry. I failed to keep my promise to you. I failed to wait longer." She whispered.

What does she even mean by that?

His heartbeats doubled.

It's strange.