Chapter Five

"So do you own anything grunge? Or maybe gothic? Oh, I know! Punk! That would so work for you!" Ice was tearing through my tiny supply of clothes which mostly consisted of Bohemian chic clothes from L.A. and graphic t-shirts with jeans. She frowned as she held up a flowy white shirt and holed cardigan.

"What the hell is this?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Clothes." I replied. She threw them back into my closet and stood up with her hands on her hips.

"You need some new clothes." Ice said matter of factly. I grimaced and she pulled me up from the soiled old mattress on the floor of my apartment. When she had first shown up, she wrinkled her nose up at my house and grimaced at the gross mattress I slept on. I don't blame her. The place was a dump.

"I don't have any money." She rolled her eyes.

"You have fifty bucks." Ice pointed out. I frowned.

"For food! I, personally, think that food is a little more important than grunge clothes." I said. Ice rolled her eyes.

"You need something sexy. Boho bimbo clothes aren't going to accomplish that!" She said. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't even want to go to the damn party anyway!" I crossed my arms and she glared.

That was how I found myself at the mall with Ice towing me towards hot topic.

"They have some cute stuff up on the wall that if we can find you a cool leather biker jacket, it would work perfectly!" Ice squealed. I grimaced but followed her anyway. From the way we argued at my apartment, I learned quickly that Ice often gets what she wants.

After she passed me loads of skimpy shirts and ripped jeans, we finally decided on a pair of ripped black snakeskin skinny jeans and a v neck cut red shirt with black stripes. Ice bought me a half biker jacket and a pair of high heeled black booties.

I looked pretty good, I was going to admit that at the least. But looking good, and feeling good are two totally different things. At the moment, I was feeling really apprehensive about this party.

For the whole day I've only been able to think about two things, Jax, and Evan. Mostly just Evan knowing my dark secret and the fact that I kept wondering if I'd ever see the dark haired, snake bite cutie Jax.

I hoped that last one was a big YES.

"Well, now let's do your make up!" Ice cried. She came at me with a metal tong of death that was weirdly curled and that's when I jumped up from the counter of her bathroom and backed against the wall, my shoes clicking with every step.

"What the hell are you trying to do to me, woman?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

"It's called an eyelash curler. Then I'm going to put a little eye liner and then some mascara. We'll add some bright red lipstick and you'll look perfect. But we have to hurry. The party started half an hour ago." Ice said. I vigorously shook my head.

"Nuh-uh! You will not touch me with that weird tool of death!" I gestured to the little harmless eye lash curler and Ice crossed her arms.

That was how I found myself on the floor of her bathroom with her on top of me pressing the cold metal to my eyes.

"Ow! You pinched me!" I cried. Ice sighed.

"You are just the worst sometimes, you know that?" She asked. I frowned and she then took an eye pencil to my eyes.

When I was finished she climbed off of me and I stood up, looking in the mirror. I didn't look half bad, but she could have gone a little easier on the eye liner.