Chapter Fifteen

It was the next day of school and I was awakened groggily by a bubbly and bouncy Sarah. She was excited for school to start because she wanted to see the shocked looks of the Barbie Twins faces.

As she bounded into the bathroom I rolled off the mattress and fell onto the floor with a thud, half tempted to not even get up. And to top of the beginning of my awful morning, I had work this afternoon, which just cause me to frown even more.

I stood up,scratching the back of my head and muttering about how annoying Sarah has proven to be in the morning. Not that I could really complain, I was more of a night owl anyway.

Entering the kitchen, I switched on the new coffee pot and dug around in the cabinets, looking for food. Sadly, we didn't have much besides cold leftover pizza in the fridge. With a shrug, I reached in and pulled out two slices of cold pizza and began to eat it.

Shortly after, Sarah came into the kitchen, fully dressed and drying her hair with a towel.

"Coffee made?" She asked. I finished chewing the piece of pizza in my mouth and swallowed before answering.

"Yeah, while I'm in the shower, make a list of groceries we need. We really only have a couple cans of chili, some vegetables and one microwave meal. We need food and pronto." I said, finishing my last slice of pizza.

Sarah nodded and poured herself a cup of coffee.

I went back to the master and then picked up some clothes from my stack in the closet, next to Sarah's towering pile. I wondered if she'd get upset if I borrowed a shirt and then decided she most likely wouldn't mind. Just as long as I didn't get anything on it.

Retreating to the bathroom, I flipped the handle and the water flowed freely from the shower head. I climbed in and then began to wash my body and hair.

The steaming water pelted against my skin, warming me and making me feel my restless night. My thoughts began to wander, falling towards Ben, Evan and Jax.

I still hadn't decided what I wanted to say to Evan about the dance. To be honest, I was completely clueless about dances in the first place. Evan was my friend, and even though he was really cute, I just wasn't into dating my friend.

Jax on the other hand, he was something else. He was so carefree and open, and had one of those faces that you couldn't help but spill your guts to. He kept me interested, never did anything illegal, but also there was never a dull moment when I was with him.

I knew the difference between Love and Lust. But really, which one was it?

Ben. God, I wished he never came here. I was desperately hoping I would never have to see him ever again. He'd been awful to me, ruining the parts of my life that I treasured the most. I'll forever be scarred because of him. But I also knew, that because he did what he did, I'm different. I changed for the better.

We were passing the Grand Canyon on our way to Burning Man. I was seated in the front passenger seat, letting the wind blow through my hair wildly. The warm air gently carressed my bare arms and collar bone, as if they were warm little angel kisses.

When I was little, my mother called the freckles that dotted my arms angel kisses, and that not everyone was favored by them. I thought I was special.

"Are you excited?" Ben asked. I looked over, my thoughts partially dwelling on the reason for angel kisses and then aimed at how attractive Ben looked in his wife beater and dog tags. The look didn't work for a lot of men, but boy did it work for him.

"I suppose. Another day, another party, eh?" I asked. I reluctantly pulled my mind from my mother, not wanting to think about how much I miss her anymore.