Chapter Thirteen

The school day passed by faster than I could blink, and I was dreading the arrival home.

I wasn't sure how I should begin to tell Sarah about Ben. I would much rather Ben just disappear all together. Not to mention, I felt rather ridiculous for running away like I did, and for that I was completely embarassed.

Tapping my pencil on the table, I waited impatiently for the bell to ring. I was hoping time would have magically slowed down, but with my luck, it just went twice as fast.

I gave up on my studies a long time ago. Sure, I kept a passing grade, and I know I could do better, but for the most part, I simply didn't care anymore. I know a career and good grades are important, but for the time being, I just don't really want to dwell on it.

I was struggling enough with my personal life as it is.

The bell rang, shrill and loud and I sighed, closing my eyes and wishing for two more hours to collect myself and think of something to say. I knew it wasn't going to happen, so I packed up my things into my backpack and slung it over my shoulder, leaving the classroom slugishly.

Sarah was waiting outside the door for me to exit and I groaned internally. I just hoped her interogation would wait until we were in the safety of our home.

 "Come on, we need to get home." Sarah said, tugging on my arm. Her impatient attitude was beginning to bother me, but I kept that part to myself.

"So, did you get the reactions you hoped for?" I asked, trying to keep my mind off of the approaching conversation. She glanced at me and then quickly looked away.

"I suppose. I got hit on a lot, but for the most part, everyone seemed really creeped out and scared that I was going to spontaneously combust into a dark lord or something." she sighed and I understood her frustration.

Here she was, trying to change herself for the better and no body trusted it. You'd think they were happy they wouldn't have to avoid her in the halls anymore, but that wasn't the case. They were still afraid. And I could tell it hurt her feelings.

"It'll get better. Give them a week to get over it, and things will change. But just to fore warn you, you'll probably be the talk of the school for a while." I said with a reasurring smile. She shrugged but shook off her negative mood by the time we reached the bus stop.

"As long as it's all good stuff, I could care less." She said with a mock punch. I laughed and then felt my stomach drop.

The reminder of the fact that I'm going to have to spill my guts was causing my stomach to churn uncomfortably.

The public bus rolled to a stop in front of us with a loud screech that had me and Sarah wincing at the sharp sound stabbing against our eardrums.

 We climbed aboard and took a seat in the back, where no many people would hear us talk, and if Ben happened to get on the bus as well, I wouldn't see him. It was official, I was paranoid.

The ride was silent and I was counting down the minutes until I had to spill my guts.

When We reached the stop a block away from my apartment, Sarah and I climbed off and then we made our way home. She remained silent, and for that I was grateful.

As we enterred the house minutes later, she waited for me to drop my bag, and then turned to me, crossing her arms.

It was apparently time.

***

A/N This one is really short, but it's just a quick filler, you know, to get the story a little farther ahead. I'm thinking about seven more chapters, and the story will be finished, I will probably try to focus a little more on RR, and then I'll probably either put up another story, or work on another, like FLIPPED, or possibly do another story similar to this one, where I base a story around a song? I've already got an idea, have you guys ever heard of the band Halestorm? I'll put a link over there to one of my favorite songs that you guys have probably heard on Glee ----->

That won't be the song I base a story around though. Just giving you an idea as to who they are.

So don't forget to Vote, I'd love three votes on this chapter, please? Comment, Fan and follow me on Twitter! @JoLeeXD1 or WattpadUserJoLeeXD is the name of my account. ^_^ okay, that's all. See you guys later!

Lotsa Love,

C