Chapter Twelve

"I think I'm making a huge mistake." Sarah said. I looked over at her as we waited for the bus to arrive. I smiled encouragingly.

"You look fine, have a little faith in yourself." I mock punched her shoulder and she smiled. Sarah asked me to stop calling her Ice the day before when we went to the mall and got her some clothes that weren't black. She had managed to hold on to five grand before she left and used about a thousand of it for some new garments.

It was her money, so I didn't protest.

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't look scary anymore, do I?" She asked. I glanced over at her. She had taken out her eyebrow and lips piercings along with her septum piercing. Her hair was no longer black but back to it's natural brown color. Now that she didn't wear such harsh makeup, you could see that she was really pretty. She wore a pair of skinny jeans and a light jacket with a floral printed camisole under it and cute peep toe wedges. She told me that was how she used to dress before she got mixed up with Rage and his crowd.

"No, you most definitely do not look scary." I replied with a laugh. Sarah sighed easily as the bus rolled up to the stop and they climbed aboard, paying their way as they took a seat near the front of the bus.

"How do you think the rest of the school will take it?" Sarah asked, nervously biting her nails. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sure, it might be a little shocking, but give it a few days and they'll warm up to it, and totally go back to ignoring you. Or possibly bother you all the more." I said with a chuckle.

She groaned and rested her head against the dirty window.

"Willow?" Someone asked. Willow froze, knowing that voice anywhere. Her mind was flooded with memories.

The sun was setting and Ben said he wanted to go backpacking through Washington state. We had happened upon a railroad track and decided to rest for a moment before continuing our trek through the forest.

My bag was resting on the ground next to the tracks and I stood on the rail, trying to balance and walk across it like a tight rope. Ben grabbed my hand, keeping me steady while we laughed over a prank we pulled on some guy in a gas station about ten minutes before.

"Ben?" I asked quietly. He looked up.

"Yeah?" I pointed up to the sky, where some clouds were overcast and the sun just barely peeping through while hanging low in the sky.

"What do you see?" I asked. Ben glanced up and shrugged.

"The sky. Clouds. Nothing special." He replied. I sighed.

"Look closer." I demanded. He squinted and frowned.

"What am I supposed to be looking for, Will!?" He asked, losing his patience and I chuckled and tilted his head back up to the sky.

"You know what I see? I see a world of possibilties and a reminder, that no matter where you are in life, the clouds and stars aren't so far away after all. You can achieve anything. Be anything. You just have to shoot for the stars and hope you make it safely down." I said in a low voice.

"Where did you get that idea?" He asked, a smile making it's way onto his face as he stared at me with awe.

"You taught me." I tapped his nose and he hopped up on the railing, pulling me closer and placing a kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes and breathed deep, allowing his invigorating smell to wash over and comfort me. I fell hard. And I knew there was no going back.

I sat there, desperately hoping I was halucinating or had just fallen asleep. This couldn't be happening. Not after so long of staying away. Not when things were beginning to go right.

I turned and he sat there, in his t-shirt and dirtied jeans. I was dreaming. I even pinched myself, but he didn't disappear. My breathing began to shallow and Sarah looked over.

"Who is that?" She asked, gesturing to Ben. My heart thumped loudly in my ears and I swear I almost began hyperventilating.

This couldn't be happening.

He couldn't be here.

Not after all this time.

Not after all I've been through.

Our bus came to a stop and I got off, pulling Sarah behind with me. Once off, I ran down the street, Sarah behind me, struggling to keep up.

I heard another set of shoes, these pounding not far behind Sarah.

"Will!" Ben shouted. I continued to run, darting behind a building before hunching over and attempting to get my breathing back under control. Sarah came around the corner, huffing and standing beside me.

"What was that?" She asked. I looked up at her, tears threatening to spill.

"He wasn't supposed to come here." I began shaking my head vigorously and Sarah crouched down next to me. She rubbed my back gently.

"Who? What are you talking about?" Sarah asked. I cried tearless sobs and shook my head again.

"He wasn't supposed to find me. He was supposed to stay away." I cried, air hitching in my throat. "I got better, I've changed. He isn't supposed to be here, Sarah." I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and cried.

Why me?

Why did he have to find me?

I had done nothing wrong.

I moved on just like I had intended.

I was finally forgetting.

And he just ruined it. Much like he ruins everything else.

"I'm sorry, Will. I don't understand what's going on, but I'm so, so sorry." She murmured, stroking my blonde hair. I shook my head.

"Will?" It was Ben and the last thing I wanted to do was see him. Sarah turned and looked at him over her shoulder.

"Just go away. I don't know who the hell you think you are, but you've hurt my friend. Get lost!" She pulled away from me and went up to him and got in his face. Glaring and threatening to neuter him.

"Ben." I said. He looked around Sarah and walked over to me, holding out his arms as if to help me up. I pushed him away and stood up myself.

"Go away, Ben. I don't want you here." I said dismissively before grabbing Sarah's hand and pulling her away.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on?" she asked. I shook my head.

"When we get home. After school." She nodded and we headed to school.

***

A/N yes, this one is a little short. GO HOME BEN! So, any teams yet? I'm curious to know. Don't forget to check out Princess Perfect or some of my other works. Can I get three votes for the next chapter?

Tell your friends!

Vote, Comment, Fan and don't forget to follow me on Twitter! @JoLeeXD1 I follow back!

Lotsa Love,

C