Chapter Three

Later at school, I was sitting peacefully against the wall in the hallways. It was lunch time, and I was starving. So to distract myself, I doodled on my three year old, torn up, withered binder. It had his name all over it, constantly jumping out at me and causing me to shiver with sadness.

First thing to do when I get paid is to get food, and a new binder. One I can cover in new names.

"Love is nothing but heartbreak."

I read some of my favorite quotes and couldn't help but think how right that person was.

Before I could think of him again, a familiar black messenger bag with sharpie drawings all over thumped onto the floor next to me.

Ice slid down the lockers and smiled.

"Hey, Will! So I was talking to Rage," She began. Rage was another Goth kid that went to the high school on the other side of town. I never met him, but Ice said he was a cool guy, so I just went along with it. "And he said there's a party at Riverbed Creek tomorrow night at 9. Do you wanna go with me and Jared? It's a Southbrook party so Brooklynn students aren't allowed. Well besides me and Jared. So what do you say?" She asked. I frowned. I started work this afternoon.

And I worked until eight thirty.

And I banned myself from all parties. I couldn't face the consequences again.

"Sorry Ice, but I can't. I have to work." I said. She frowned.

"When did you get a job?" She asked. I sighed.

"This morning. I went to the laundry mat to wash my clothes and the lady there asked if I needed a job, cause I managed to get some quarters from her." I said. Ice nodded.

"When do you get off?" She asked.

"Eight thirty, but I can't go to that party." I said. Ice frowned.

"Why not? You get off work half an hour before the party starts! It's perfect.You can make some friends and meet some new people. Maybe even meet a guy. You'll never know how much you're missing until you take a risk." Ice said.

I froze.

"Why did you decide to leave then?" I asked. He frowned, but then it was replaced with a smirk.

"You'll never know how much you're missing until you take a risk. I left because I wanted to experience life. You can't do that living in a tiny town in Texas." He replied. I sighed.

"That's an interesting way of thinking things." I muttered. He smiled and I did something I never thought I would. I leaned forwards and pressed my lips against his.

When I finally pulled away he smiled and gazed lovingly into my eyes. But no matter how many times I had told him I was developing feelings, he still looked at me this way and it was killing me slowly.

Why play with a heart that's already broken?

"I'm an interesting guy." He said with a chuckle. He reached out and tucked a piece of pink and blonde hair behind my ear and I blushed.

"Prove it." I said with a smiled. He accepted the challenge and stood in the booth of the restaurant we were in.

Standing on the cracked, red leather, he began to belt the lyrics of Juke Box Hero by Foreigner. I laughed and grinned as I watched the man I was utterly in love with sing to his heart's content.

"So what do you say?" Ice asked. I frowned.

"I suppose it won't hurt if I go for an hour. But no drugs." I said. Ice grinned and then shook her head.

"Of course not! I mean, drugs are nasty. You get all addicted and stuff. But you know, I'm sure Jared will be happy to hear you're coming. Right Red?" She turned to Jared who had sat down next to her.

He blushed.

"Sure. Glad you're going out with us, Will." He said shyly. I smiled before standing up from the locker.

"Okay, well I'll meet you guys at Riverside Apartments at nine. I'm in 212." I said, clutching my stomach as it growled loudly. Ice's smile fell.

"Hey Will? Are you...You know?" She gestured in a weird way and I had a confused expression on my face.

"Am I what?" I asked. Ice sighed.

"Um, Anorexic?" She asked. My stomach growled again and I laughed. I laughed! For the first time in two long months, I laughed!

"No. I'm broke. I used the last of my money to wash my clothes at the laundry mat this morning. I don't have any money and there's no food at my house." I said. Ice sighed and mockingly wiped her forehead.

"If you were hungry, you could have just said so." She chuckled and tossed a wrapped peanut butter and jelly sandwhich from her bag to me. I caught it and held it up in thanks.

"I owe you one, Ice." I said before turning around and walking off to my next class.

"You owed me the first time you met me!" She called. I chuckled and unwrapped the sandwhich, eating it in a couple short minutes.

With a full belly, I sat down in Government and began to space out. A bag sat next to me in the very back row and I frowned before looking up.

The guy had sandy brown hair and a square jaw with breathtakingly brown eyes. I frowned again, breathtakingly? I must had gotten off on the fumes from Ice's rette this morning or something.

"This seat taken?" He asked. I shook my head and turned back to the front of the class.

"My name's Evan." He held out his hand and I glanced down at it.

"Oh! Barbie's boyfriend!" I made the connection and Evan gaped. I didn't think he was used to the fact that he was being referred to as 'Barbie's boyfriend'.

He cleared his throat. "Uh, yeah. I'm Claire's boyfriend." He said awkwardly. I nodded and turned away from him.

"I saw you in the hall yesterday. You're new right?" He asked.

"Well if yesterday was the first day you'd ever seen me, that would be a yes, wouldn't it?" I asked sarcastically. He sighed.

"Yesterday wasn't the first day I saw you." He said. I became confused.

"Where had you seen me, then?" I asked.

He leaned in close, nearing my ear and I shivered, but don't be fooled, it was in disgust.

His breath tickled my ear and I felt slightly weirded out and uncomfortable. Had he ever heard of personal space?

"Burning man." He whispered. My face drained of color and I became still.

Flashes of myself at Burning man, drinking from a bottle of vodka and grinding against a stranger. His head tilted towards the sky. Then I made the connection.

With a gasp I leaned away from him and stared with wide eyes.

Before I could make a sentence out of pure terror, he smirked and faced the front as the teacher walked in.

"Hello class," I stopped listening after that.

He knew.

He knew about my partying, and drinking. And smoking. My heart ached with fear.

My secret was out. This total stranger knew.

And with one little sentence, he could destroy all that I've worked to keep under the covers. I was no longer going to get my fresh start.

***

A/N Second chapter in one day, and third in two! I'm on a roll man! Although, I don't know when I'll get the next one up. I'm going to Vegas Baby! I won't be back until Saturday but I'm taking my computer and I'll make time to upload I Wish I Didn't Dream Of Genie on Friday!

Which you all requested.

So, Thanks for reading, Lovelies! Don't forget to Comment, Vote and Fan!

Lotsa Love,

C