Chapter 1

Welcome to the first chapter of my new story, Land and Stars! Let me know what y'all think and I hope you enjoy.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It's been 100 years since the people of earth were split into two. A huge war broke out killing almost all the population of earth. I'd tell you why this war happened but only the elders of my island know..only them. Anyways, after the war came to an end half of the people who were still alive left the earth and traveled far into space. They lived there. Never once coming back. Now the other half of people still left on earth has to basically rebuild society. After all the war destroyed everything. We were left without technology. The space people took everything that was still left leaving us with nothing. That's what we've been taught at least.
Even after hearing all the frightening story's about the people in space I still can't help but admire them. They probably have amazing technology by now. Oh what I'd do to meet someone from space..

Morning
°°°°°°°°°°°

"Gon! Gon! Goooon!"

My eyes burst open and I sit up abruptly from my small sleeping area on the ground.

"W..what What is it!" I yell.

My Aunt is standing in front of me with a scowl on her face and crossed arms. "It's already 11 o'clock. Time to start your chores!"

I let out a groan before lazily standing up and shading my eyes from the bright light shining into my room. I quickly get dressed and start my morning chores.

Everyday feels the same. I do the same things over and over again. My life's been pretty boring lately. There aren't any other people on this island who are my age so I don't have anyone to mess around with. It gets pretty lonely..

After finishing my chores, I immediately leave the house so Aunt Mito doesn't make me do anything else. I make my way through our small town until I get to the edge of the island. There's a small cliff that hands over the water that I always like to sit at. When I get there I squat down and dangle my legs over the edge.

My eyes stay focused on the bright blue sky. Clouds drifting along. I reach a hand up towards the never-ending blueness. I wonder what it's like up there..

Are they happy?

A sigh escapes my lips. I stopped telling people here about my curiosity for space. They all think I'm insane for liking the people who destroyed out world. Somewhere, deep in my heart..I find that hard to believe. The elders won't give me a proper reason for the war anyways.

I sit in my own little spot for hours. That is until something very unexpected occurred.

When I look back up to the sky there's a tiny spec that keeps getting bigger and bigger as it gets closer to the earth. I quickly stand.

What is..that? It's coming down at a rapid speed. Flames are engulfing the thing. A trail of smoke follows.

Wait a minute...its..coming straight to the island! My eyes widen and I stumble backwords a bit. I don't waist another second before running back to the village. I don't stop till I get to where the elders meet.

I flip open the cloth door and stumble inside completely out of breath. Every head in the room turns.

"T...there.... *huff* something coming towards the island!" I shout.