Chapter 15

Killua's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Our moment is quickly interrupted by the phone on my nightstand ringing loudly. I take my hand away from his and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Killua this is Leorio...you need to get to the clinic right now."

"Why? What's wrong?"

There's a silence from the phone.

"Your..your results for the X-Rays and lab tests came in..I need you to come in now." And with that he hangs up.

I stare at the phone in my hands before I put it back in the nightstand. I try to keep a normal face on so Gon doesn't worry.

"Who was it?" Gon asks curiously.

"It was Leorio..I need to stop by the clinic real quick. I'll be back shortly."

"Wait! Can't I come with you?"

I pause. "Gon I don't this you should.."

"Please..I won't cause any trouble at all."

" ....ok... "

His face lights up. "Get dressed first and then we'll go."
.
.
.
After the long walk to the clinic we walk inside and Leorio quickly drops what he's doing and runs over to me.

I quickly turn to Gon. "Wait outside of the room for a minute."

"But -"

"Go."

He sighs and does as I say.

I turn back to Leorio. "So what's the issue?"

Leorio looks in pretty bad shape right now..He looks so tired.

"Your going to need to be transported to the main hospital in the ship. You have something called a pneumothorax injury. It's also known as a punctured lung..you need to be treated right away. Normally if these kinds of injuries are found and treated quickly they are easier to recover from and less likely to be fatal. B..but in your case...you have gone months. It's a miracle your still..."

My face starts to turn pale and I stay quiet for a few seconds.  "What's the chance of me...dying?"

Leorio clenches his hands together. "84℅..."

I cover my mouth with my hands. "But i...I don't want to die.."

"If we wait any longer that percent will just keep going up. We need to go now."

I nod. I fell sick and dizzy. I always thought that death wouldn't be too bad. But now that it's staring me in the in face..I can't help but be scared.

Leorio prepares a emergency vehicle and I get inside.

Gon comes back inside and look from the to the vehicle. "What's going..on?"

Leorio looks like he's about to speak but I quickly interrupt. "Its nothing! Just stay here for awhile until I get back. And Gon...i.."

The vehicle zooms off before I can finish my sentence. Leorio is in the back of the vehicle with me.

I'm laying down now. "Why won't you tell him?" Leorio asks.

"because he's going through enough already. He shouldn't have to worry about me. I'm not worth it.."

"Dont say that. You know, that could be the last time you get to see him. And the last time he gets to see you."

I cover my ears. "Stop..."
.
.
.
Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
He really expects me to believe that that was nothing...

Where is he going...

I slump down to the floor and pull my knees up to my chest. I don't wanna be alone..why couldn't I have come with him..what was he gonna tell me back there...

So many thoughts roam my head.

2 hours later
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I've been sitting here waiting for a while now and he still hasn't come back. Maybe I should just go look for him? No..that would be impossible.

I hear footsteps running closer to the clinic until someone opens the door and runs inside. It's Leorio.

He quickly walks over to me. "I need to you come with me. It's about Killua."

"what happened.."

"He didn't want me to tell you but I think you should know.."

I listen carefully as he tells me everything. I quickly cover my mouth when he finishes. I can feel tears begin to fill my eyes.

"I want to see him now."

Leorio nods. "He's about to go into surgery so you only have about 10 minutes."

Leorio ended up brining me there as fast as he could. We walks and walked until we got to the hospital room that Killua was stationed in.

The moment I see him the tears break loose. He has I.Vs hooked up to him and he looks like he's in a lot of pain.

I quickly neel beside the bed he's on.

He looks shocked to see me. "...gon?"

I nod. "I'm here now..."

He looks away from me. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you..I just didn't want you to worry about me."

More tears flow from my eyes. "You really are an idiot."

He forms a smile. "Yea I guess I am."

I lean over and hug him. "If you don't come out of this surgery alive..ill...."

Some doctors start to come in the room asking all visitors to leave so they can prepare for the surgery.

I clench my teeth. I don't want to leave his side but I know I have to. I slowly get up. "Bye Killua.."

Before I walk away he grabs my hand. "Gon. After this surgery..there's something I want to tell you."

I nod. "I'll be looking forward to that."

Leorio and I both leave the room and the doctors shut the door behind us. A red light above his room flashes on.

I stare at the door.

"They said they would call me when the surgery was over. I think you should go back to Killua's room and wait in there until I come get you too tell you the news. I have to call Killua's family now...ugh."

I nod my slowly. "Ok

When I get back to Killua's room I lay on his bed and curl up in a ball. I'll be all alone if he..if he dies. I don't want him too...I don't...

I clench my eyes shut.

I go through some of the memories Killua and I had together. Now that I think about..we really have been together for quite some time now. And I think..no I know that the times I have spent with him have been the best times of my life. When I'm around him..it's like I forget about all of my problems. And I get this strange feeling..that makes my heart beat faster. I don't want those feelings to go away. I want them to stay..

So please Killua...live. Live For me.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Question time!

What do you think it was that Killua wants to tell Gon after his surgery?