Chapter 25: Another Boring Day at School. Right?

Still March 8th, 1989

Your P.O.V

I can already tell today is going to be fantastic. I walked in with the Losers, I'm wearing Richie's clothes, Henry is already being a dick, and I just lied to Addison. Oh joy. Seeing the tension in the room, well, hallway, I decide to take my leave. "Well, I'm going to go to class. Bye!"

I sprint away, so I can get to class on time. It was about to get really stressful for me to be there. Good thing I have therapy later. Class doesn't start for another five minutes, and thankfully I made it before the bell. For some reason, Richie makes it on time too.

"Wow Y/n, fancy meeting you here!" Ah, wonderful, he's being an even more annoying dumbass now, since we're 'friends'. I smile with murder in my eyes.

"It's almost as if we go to the same school and have this class together!" The sarcasm oozes through my voice. "Now sit your ass down."

"Fine, Mom." He draws out the Mom part.(I think that's the right phrasing) He does sit down though. Miss Thomas starts teaching, and I take notes. Since we finished the book, we're going to do a review of it tomorrow. (I totally know how public schools work guys) I should get a good grade for this, since I read it twice outside of school, and I did all the work we were assigned on it.

Of course, Tozier will probably get a good grade too, since he's 'smart'. I will give him credit for studying well though. Whenever we get an assignment, he always spends at least a little time doing it in school. I'm not sure what he does outside of school, other than hang out with his friends, and play video games. Why do I care about Tozier right now? This doesn't relate to anything at all.

Miss Thomas continues talking, and I continue tuning her out, because I couldn't care less about the assignments that are due. When I get time like this, I like to imagine writing a story where I get to fall in love with Beverly, and nobody has any issues about us dating. If only people weren't such inconsiderate assholes. I sigh dreamily, thinking of how good that life would be.

"Yyyyy/nnnnnnnn." Richie pokes me, and makes me leave my little dreamworld. "Why aren't you paying attention to meeeee?"

"Hmmm, maybe because we're in class?" I reply, with fake astonishment. "And, even though we told each other who we like, we still aren't great friends like the Loser's club is for you."

He pouts, and sits back in the chair. I feel soOoOo bad for him, with his group of really good friends, and pretty decent family. At least for a family in Derry. Nobody has died, they don't seem terrible, they seem to care, and Richie probably would have told me if something was up, since I feel like he would trust me with that more than he would trust his friends. I'm not saying his friends aren't trustworthy, it's just that that is a big secret.

Anyways, that's not important, what's important is the fact that class is almost over. Time does fly when you aren't doing something boring. In fact-nevermind, I have social studies next, and it's not really interesting, so I guess it will take longer.

Today I get to learn how Abraham Lincoln wasn't racist and how he was tOtAllY an abolitionist. Smell that? Smells like white-washed bullshit to me. (Abraham Lincoln was kind of racist, I looked it up. Him being an abolitionist, that part is complicated, so you can decide for yourself.) I know, I know, he is remembered for the Emancipation proclamation, and freeing slaves, but I was reading some history books the other day, and it takes about his views on slavery. It was surprising to find that type of book in Derry, considering what a shitty town it is.

"Abraham Lincoln was born poor, and would often read books by the fire, since he had to stop going to school at a young age." I take some notes, but I'm more focused on what we're going to do for the musical. It's exciting, but also scary how close opening night is. Thank God tech week is finished. That's usually the worst part. "Who can tell me where President Lincoln was assassinated?" She points to Cady, who wasn't quite paying attention.