Chapter 15: I'm about to do something illegal

^^Cat picture, because cats are cool^^

January 11th, 1989

Your P.O.V

It's lunch, and I can finally sit with Beverly for the first time. I take deep breaths, and try to calm myself. I'm a little nervous, because I don't know if my other friends will still let me be friends with them. Beverly is waiting for me, since we both brought our lunches. When I'm ready, I walk into the cafeteria and sit down. Some people are staring at us, but I don't care, since I'm sitting with Beverly. She gives me courage to do things I normally wouldn't, like sitting with her.

"People are staring at us Y/n."

"I know, and I'm okay with that. " I lean over, and give her a shoulder hug, which makes more people stare at us. The only thing that would make everyone stare, is if I were to kiss her. But I can't do that, it would be a bad idea. I take a bite of my sandwich, and Beverly starts talking.

"So, do you remember who Bill is?"

I nod, and take another bite. Of course I remember him, he's the one you like.

"Well, him and his group of friends were talking about you yesterday."

"Why?" I continue eating my sandwich.

She shrugs. "I don't know, but they were wondering why you left, and were making guesses about where you were. They mentioned that they were at your house on Saturday."

"They were, but I only saw Eddie. Charles made everyone else stay out of my room."

She seems content with my answer, and doesn't question me anymore. Instead, she tells me how cute Bill is, which makes me a little sad. I don't focus on what she's telling me, I focus on my sandwich instead.

When school is over, I head to the arcade to play some games before I have to be home. I see Tozier playing Street Fighter. Since the other games I usually play are taken, I walk over to him. "Tozier, I'm playing with you next round. I'll pay too."

He looks at me in surprise. "Is the Y/n Michaud actually asking if she can play with me?"

I punch his shoulde. "It's not like I want too, all of the other games I like to play are occupied."

He smirks at me. "It's because you can't resist my charms."

"Do you want to fight?" I raise my arms up, and get ready to fight. He pushes my arms down, and turns back to the game.

"I thought you wanted to play?"

"I do, so shut up." I turn to the game, and we start playing. He loses the first two rounds, and barely beats me in the third one. "I thought you were good at this game Tozier?"

He seems embarrassed, and tries to make an excuse. "I'm letting you win."

I start laughing. "And why would you let me win?"

"Well, you see, it's because-because you're a girl." He stumbles over his words, and moves his hands a lot.

Does he not know how unbelievable he sounds? "Well, then, if I can't beat you in a video game because I'm a girl, maybe you'd like to fight." When I say that, he backs away, like he's afraid of me.

"No, it's because you're better than me." Yep, he's definitely afraid of me, probably because he saw me break Bates' nose in detention the other day.

I check the time. Damn, that's the time? I'd better get home. "Anyways, I have to go. Bye!" As I rush out the door, I hear something drop.