Chapter 14: Therapy

January 10th, 1989

Cw: discussing trauma, abuse/sexual abuse

Your P.O.V

As I get ready for school, I look at my calendar, and see that I have therapy tomorrow. God, my therapy appointment is tomorrow. It's a little scary to think about, like what if she doesn't like me? Or I say something stupid? I realize how stupid that sounds. Wait, isn't that the point of therapists? To tell them things that have been bothering you, even if they're stupid. It's okay, Y/n, take deep breaths, and relax.

I realize that since today's the first day I go back to school, that also means I have to see Addison again. I lay back in my bed, and groan at that thought, because he's a dick. But I still have to go to school, so I get back up, and head out the door to meet Beverly.

Beverly is waiting by her door, looking kind of sad, but when she sees me, she smiles. I guess she's happy to see me doing better. I mean, I'm happy I'm doing better too. It doesn't matter why she's happy, just that she is, especially since I hear things coming from her apartment, and then she comes over to my apartment, looking sad. I'm always able to cheer her up in some way, like one time, I pretended to be Mr. Keene from the store, and she laughed, her wonderful. bright, cheery laugh that always warms you up inside, and makes you feel like laughing too. I wonder if she can tell how much I love her. Not that I could ever say it like that to her face and mean it romantically.

"Y/n, we have to go!"

I shake my head. "Oh, sorry I must have lost my train of thought while looking at this terrible creature." I decide to tease her a little.

She puts her hands on her hips, and purses her lips. "And what did this creature look like?"

"It was awful, it had red hair, these blue eyes that almost look like the ocean, and it smokes cigarettes."

She laughs, and we start walking out of the apartment building. "Sounds like you know the creature."

"I do, it's standing right next to me."

She continues to play along. "Oh my god, I see it, it really is awful, and it's about to eat your face." She jumps at me, with her hands in front of her face. We have a playfight, and she wins, even though she's a lot shorter than me. After the little "fight", she straightens herself, and clears her throat. "On a more serious note, how are things with Addison?"

"Not too bad-"

She cuts me off, probably thinking I was finished. "That's good, have you forgiven him?"

"I wasn't finished, I was going to say: 'I still hope he burns in hell though'."

She laughs again. "Wow, someone can really hold a grudge."

I shrug. "I guess I can. But he deserves it."

We get on our bikes and start heading to the school. I stand up on my bike to feel the wind blowing through my hair. I shout with joy, before sitting back down because it's still cold out. It's exhilarating, the feel of the icy air in your face, and the scent of cold lingering in the air. I love the winter, and since Derry's not close to any big cities, the snow is always a bright white.

"Hey Beverly."

We both slow down a little. "Yeah?"

"I was wondering, if you maybe wanted to go on a walk after school."

"A walk?"

"Yeah, so we can see the snow, and enjoy it." Dammit, she's probably going to say no.