Chapter 19: Forgiveness?

Sorry if this isn't like an actual Valentines Day thing at a public school, because I'm homeschooled, and basing it off of my experience. Also, thanks for 1k reads!

(F/f) means favorite flavor

February 14th, 1989

Your P.O.V

I open my locker to get my school books, and a paper heart falls out. Huffing in annoyance, I pick it up and read it.

Please talk to me.

That's all it says, but I expect there to be something else on the back, or even a name. I know who it's from though, the only person who goes to my school who wants to talk to me that I won't talk to. He keeps bothering me, I think this is like the fifth note he's given me. I close my locker, and Beverly's leaning on the locker right beside mine.

"Whatcha got there?" She says, a smirk growing on her face.

I hold up the heart so she can see. "Another note from Addison."

"Oh." She looks disappointed, probably because she's my best friend, and she knows how much Addison has been bothering me lately. (Totally because of that, it's not like she likes you and doesn't realize it hahahaha)

"It doesn't matter, because I'm not going to do anything about it."

"You know, you should probably do something. Like, I don't know, get a restraining order on him or whatever."

I laugh, but Beverly kind of seems serious. Placing my hand on her shoulder, I explain. "First off, I don't think that I have enough evidence for that, and secondly, it's not hurting anybody."

She folds her arms, and looks at me with a "mom face". I just shrug, and put the letter back in my locker. While we're walking away, I look at Beverly, and notice that she's staring at my locker angrily. It doesn't make any sense to me, but if she wants to do that, I won't stop her. It's not hurting anybody.

I shove my hands in my pockets, and start walking to Social Studies, knowing full well that Addison is in that class. For some reason, he sits right in front of me, which is, you know, not an ideal situation. So I could not believe that he wasn't there. It seems a little suspicious to me, but at least he's not here. I pay attention to the lesson, because Social Studies is one of my least favorite subjects, it's also one of the ones I don't have an A in, my average grade would probably be B.

When Social Studies is over, I walk to my next class, but I don't see Addison on the way to class. But on my desk, there's another note, and this one's asking me to go to the front of the school after the party, but I have plans with Eddie before and after the party.

I would normally have therapy today, but I wanted to go to the Valentine's Day party at lunch instead. Thankfully, we were able to reschedule. I think that Dr. Smith has fewer appointments than most therapists do, because she's a woman. Isn't Derry just the greatest? I unconsciously grit my teeth, and don't realize 'till:

"Are you mad at me?" I look up, and see that Tozier is standing in front of my desk, looking confused.

I smile, and laugh with my mouth closed. Shaking my head, I say: "No, I'm mad at Derry."

He nods, but then stops. "Like the town?"

"No Richie, I'm mad at dairy products." I roll my eyes. "Yes, the town."