Chapter 7: First incident

The outfit is like any of the above but a black shirt.

December 24th, 1988

Beverly's P.O.V.

When Y/n said that she was going to the diner to meet Addison, I felt strangely sad. I guess it's because she's my only friend.

I look at the clock and see that it's almost 12:30. Since they're supposed to meet at one, I decided to take her there early so she's not late. I start to walk over to Brenna's house, but Dad stops me.

"Where are you going Bevvie?"

"Just over to Y/n's to take her to the diner." I continue walking to the door.

He stops me again. "Will there be boys there?"

"Yes daddy," He looks angry, so I quickly clear things up, "but I'm not staying."

"You stay away from those boys Bevvie."

"I promise daddy." He steps forward and gives me a hug, and I give him one too.

After I hug him, I stepped out the door and knock on Y/n's apartment door. For some reason, I felt nervous when she answered it.

"Hey Beverly!"

"You ready to go?"

"Yep!" She uses her crutches to turn around and show me her outfit. "Do you like my outfit? I have a little purse to go with it." She grabs her purse and shows it to me.

"I'm sure Addison will love it." She gives me a big hug.

I help her downstairs, and then onto the back of my bike. We bike for a few minutes, with her holding my waist, and then we get to the diner. I'm about to bike off, but she stops me.

"Beverly, wait!"

"What's the matter?" I get off my bike.

"I forgot to give you a kiss."

"Ummm?" What the fuck? Did she just say that out loud to me?

Since I look confused, she explains it to me, "A French kiss, it's a way of saying goodbye and hello to friends." Y/n leans forward and gives me two air kisses on each cheek. "It's traditionally called a bise, I believe."

"Oh, I thought that you meant an actual kiss."

"No, that would be weird."

Why did that hurt me? I don't even like girls. My chest hurts, and I feel a lump in my throat. I'll just push that feeling down until I can understand it. And why didn't she do this before?

"Pick you up at three?"

"Yep, and I'll call you if the time changes." She leaves, and I do too.

Your P.O.V.

"No, that would be weird." I just learned that you use a bise for your friends, so I decided to start using it.

After I say goodbye to Beverly, I walk into the diner (The diner is called Blue Collar), and sit down to wait for Addison. Just a few minutes later, he comes through the door. He sees me and walks over to me.

"Were you waiting long?"

"No, I actually just got here a few minutes ago."

He sits down across from me.

"Why did you want to rehearse by ourselves?"

His eyes flit right, then left, then give me an answer. "I thought it would be easier for our characters to connect."