Home

Blink, blink. "Eh? Mom?" As in Izuku's mom?! Mina's grip on the chain and reality slipped from shock. She fell back with her legs dangling on the swing. 

"M-Mina?!" Izuku's eyes bulged out, surprised and worried from his girlfriend's reaction. He got up from his seat to help her. "Er, yeah Mina, this is my mom, hehe." He tried to laugh off the awkwardness. He always figured he would bring, whoever, his girlfriend was to meet his mom when he was ready, not, well surely not like this. "M-Mom, this is Mina Ashido."   

"H-Hello Mrs. Midoriya, it's n-nice to meet you." Mina dusted herself off and tried to fix her hair, this was not how she wanted her first impression with Izuku's mom to go. "I'm... I'm I-Izuku's, Izuku's..." She couldn't finish.     

Inko Midoriya didn't need Mina to say it, she was able to infer it, seeing how they acted before she interrupted them. Her cheeks heated and her eyes went blank with comical over-protective tears. "I-Izuku h-has a g-girlfriend!" Not able to believe how quickly her son was growing up.

Surprisingly enough Izuku himself was the least embarrassed by the interaction. 

Inko had insisted that they come and have dinner at Izuku's home, wanting to get to know her son's girlfriend. Neither Izuku or Mina could refuse her overwhelming kind nature. She was just coming back from grocery shopping when she ran into them so the timing was perfect. They had reluctantly agreed even though they weren't mentally prepared for this.    

That is how Izuku and Mina found themselves getting ready to have a meal at the Midoriya household in a nervous wreck.

"I'm not ready for this." Mina whispered to Izuku. They were sitting on the couch in the living room next to each other as Inko prepared the food in the kitchen, Mina offered to help but Inko politely declined. 

"You think I am? My mom is the last person I wanted to know about us." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Babe, do you want your parents to know about us and how we got together?" 

"... Okay fair point." Mina cringed at the thought. 

Then it dawned on Izuku. "She's gonna ask how we started dating!"

"Oh my God! What do we say?!"

"I don't know!"

They were both somehow yelling within their whispers.

"The food's almost done." Inko called from over her shoulder. 

"Smells delicious." Mina replied with false excitement.

"Can't wait, Mom." He replied the same as his girlfriend before they went back to their bickering, trying to get their stories straight before they started eating.

Once the food was ready and served, they were all sitting at the table, with Izuku and Mina on one side and Inko on the other. As they ate Inko would ask innocent enough questions, eventually leading to, of course, how they met and started dating. Thankfully Izuku and Mina rehearsed a make-shift story.                   

"Actually Mom, we've been in the same class since our first year of U.A. but we didn't get to know each other till this year."

"Yeah, except it wasn't until I needed help with studying for exams. He offered to tutor me and that's how I got to know your son. I've never been good at studying or stuff like that, but Izuku here changed everything, my grades have never been better!" Having an earnest grin at the last statement because it was true. 

"Oh, such a sweet story!" Inko clasped her hands together. "I hope my son has been nothing but respectful to you, you're such a sweetheart." Her protective nature shifted from Izuku to Mina after seeing how cute and happy they were as a couple.