The seasons will always come and go

Izuku let out a heavy sigh as he finally left the classroom, closing the door behind him with a tender click. He had stayed behind after Momo left. He rubbed his bloodshot eyes. He started to walk down the hallways, heading for the restroom. He didn't want Mina to see him like this, it would hurt too much. 

Upon entering he made sure he was alone. He headed straight for the sink to wash his face, at least like that it would be hard to tell the difference. After he finished, he placed his hands on either side of the sink to support himself up as he stared at the mirror. 

"I can't believe I still haven't grown out of my stupid crybaby nature..." He berated himself, he was barely able to keep his composure up until she left but as soon as she was gone he couldn't stop himself. He knew he did the right thing, Mina was the one in his life, not Momo... "So why do I still care about her so much?"  

He harshly wiped his eyes before any more came out. "Ah, fuck, just stop!" He didn't want to care about what just happened in that classroom. It was supposed to pretend. "I thought I could just talk things out with Momo and that everything would be okay, that I would be okay... I really thought it would be that easy! God, why am I such an idiot when it comes to this relationship stuff!" At this point he had buried his eyes into the palms of his hands, ashamed of himself for being filled with emotional regret.

Izuku left the restroom when he was sure he would be okay. He didn't want to bother anyone with his emotional baggage, he was supposed to be a great hero and heroes don't cry.

Mina was waiting with Toru. They were sitting on the steps leading to the dorms. "The sun is about to set and he's still not back yet!" She complained to her best friend. In truth, the last thing Mina wanted was for Izuku and Yao-momo to be alone but she felt like she had to believe she could trust him because he did come clean about something that was personal to him simply to quell her drunken insecurities. If she couldn't find it in herself to trust him then what was the point?

"I'm sure it'll be alright, I mean it's Midoriya, he would never do anything to upset you." Toru's opinion of Midoriya changed during the party when she saw how focused he was on clearing up the situation to Mina.

Mina was playing with one of her horns, "I know that but still..." She was getting worried, that was until she saw those iconic red shoes and his forest messy hair approaching from the path. "I-, Izuku!" She jumped to her feet as soon as she saw him. 

"Ha, you forget about me just like that?" Toru stood up with her hands on her hips. 

"Ack," Mina felt a little bad, she turned to her friend, she scratched her cheek with a closed-eye apologetic smile, "Sorry, thanks for waiting with me, I promise to make it up to you." 

Toru shrugged her shoulders, "We can go shopping! Now, I'm going to go bug Katsuki! Hey, do you think he'll get mad if I call him Kacchan?" She plotted as she skipped along, not bothering to hear Mina's opinion. 

Mine, herself was more focused on her boyfriend anyways, beginning to run up to him. She didn't hesitate to jump into an embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck as he caught her. 

"O-Oh hey, Babe. Ah, s-sorry, I didn't know you were waiting." 

"Don't worry about it, like you said you didn't know." She squeezed him a bit before she pulled away. "So how... how did it go?" She had made eye contact with him as she asked. 

"It's okay, I mean... It's still gonna be awkward but yeah, it's okay." Things were far from okay with him but Mina didn't need to know that. 

She could tell that things were far from okay, it was in his hoarse voice and strained eyes. She placed her hand on his cheek, rubbing it softly. "Izuku, if things aren't okay, that's okay." 

His eyes widened, staring at the golden orbs of concern that were staring back at him. He didn't hesitate to bring her back into a tight embrace before resting his head on her neck and shoulder. It was weak and muffled but she heard him. "I'm just really tired..."

"Oh, if you want we can take a nap?" She offered, as she rubbed his back soothingly.

Izuku shook his head, raising it away from her, breaking their embrace. "Um, no, actually I was wondering," He ruffled the back of his hair as he asked, "Remember that lazy afternoon?"

"Yeah?" Mina raised her eyebrow. 

"Well, I was wondering if we could just be lazy today."

"Eh? That's it?" Mina had deadpan eyes, "You know you could have asked for anything and you chose that?" Mina was more than implying naughty things.            

"Wh-What's wrong with wanting to be with my girlfriend as we do absolutely nothing?" 

"I... I didn't think about it that way, that does sound nice."  

Izuku and Mina started to walk to the dorms holding hands.

'And as we were spending time together, doing nothing of note, Momo's question popped back into my head. Why Mina? Why her? And the more I thought about it the less I understood... until  I realized that it was okay not to know because even if it doesn't make sense, I love her.'