Recollection

It was that afternoon of boredom with Mina and Izuku hanging out in the living quarters. 

She had just asked him why they were watching the random documentary on TV and when she realized there was no reason for it, she decided to pass the time, scrolling through her phone. 

It wasn't until she saw a particular post that she started to recall the conversation she had with her friend. It was a secret she promised to keep quiet about, she couldn't even tell Toru about it. The post was a picture of Momo Yaoyorozu standing alongside a few cherry blossom trees with a shrine in the background, the petals were scattering as she was in the middle of fixing her loose strand of hair. And the eye-rolling part for Mina was the caption she had put on it, it read, 'Like these petals, I feel like I bloomed last winter.' Mina stared at the picture for a while as she thought about the secret Momo told her. 'I still can't believe someone, as reserved as Yao-momo, lost her v-card over winter break.' 

In truth that information made Mina a bit insecure, feeling like she was falling behind. She always was talking about the romantic side of life but was never the focus. Izuku said something but she wasn't really paying attention to what he said, only remembering that he was in the area with her, 'I mean at least Midoriya probably hasn't done that thing... I mean someone like him wouldn't, but I mean Yao-momo is kinda like him and she... Ah, I'll just ask him.' 

And as already known, Izuku tried to avoid the question as best he could until his only option was to reverse it back to her, leading to them answering at the same time. Of course, Mina would never admit that she was a virgin and Izuku answered honestly because he didn't know what the harm was in it other than an invasion of his privacy.     

"No..."   

"What?! Prove it!" Mina was so shocked she just blurted that out. 

"I don't have to prove anything. E-Especially something like that!" 

Mina was standing up, almost mad at him because she could tell he wasn't lying but just couldn't believe the innocent broccoli boy was already ahead of her in that department of life. Mina stuck up her nose and crossed her arms smugly. "Oh, that proves that your lying, or else you wouldn't be scared."

Izuku didn't know why but he wanted to correct her typical bratty nature. He stood up from his seat, standing in front of her. "How do I know you're not lying? Maybe you just talk big." 

Mina gasped as if insulted, she saved face by edging him back on. "Oh yeah? Well, there's only one way to prove it isn't there, or are you chicken, I-zu-ku..." She purposely used his first name to get under his skin because they weren't really that close. 

"F-Fine!" Was all he said before he clasped her hand, heading to the elevator. Neither of them mentioned how natural it felt to be holding hands. 

As the doors closed and they began to go up the floors he spoke, "I'm serious." He warned. 

"Well so am I." She was not backing down. She was sure she could do this. 

It wasn't until the doors dinged open that she understood what she was committing to. She didn't notice that she had squeezed his hand for reassurance. Izuku glanced down at the feeling then followed her arm up to her face. His lips parted, seeing the uncertainty in her eyes.

"Hey, A-Ashido maybe we are taking this too far."

"Nope, we're doing this." She reaffirmed her stubbornness, still not realizing that she was relying on squeezing his hand for support. 

"O-Oh..." 

At this point, neither Izuku nor Mina knew how to say no due to his timid nature and her pushy one. She led the charge to his room as he was dragged along. As soon as Izuku unlocked the door, Mina shoved them both into the room. Izuku was trying to tell her to take it easy but she wasn't paying attention and they tumbled onto his bed. Mina was on top of him with either of her hands placed beside his head, to support herself as she looked down at him, their eyes locking as the silent atmosphere graced them. 

"What... do we do now?" Mina whispered. She had wanted to come off as smug and demeaning but instead, her naive nervousness was showing. 

He didn't seem to notice, only captivated by the alien-horned maiden above him. He gulped before he spoke. "Um, w-we kiss." His voice was as gentle as hers. 

"Okay..." 

She didn't know why but for some reason this was something she trusted Midoriya with. She closed her eyes as she leaned down and let their lips meet.                                                  

Mina Ashido woke up in a haze. The last thing she remembers was running into her boyfriend's arms. She barely recalls the argument they had and she doesn't even know how she got home. She winced because of the light coming into her room. She rolled over on the bed not wanting the sun in her eyes. She didn't know why but she felt like a jerk. She was thankful it was a Sunday and didn't have to face the day. After a while lying in bed someone came to her door.

"Knock, knock." It was Izuku. 

"Who's there?" 

He didn't reply and instead opened the door. "How are you feeling?" He had a water bottle in one hand and a pain relief pill on the other. 

"I have a Trainwreck in my head." She groaned before sitting up and taking the objects in his hands. "Thanks." Before swallowing the pill and chugging the water bottle down. Izuku sat on the side of her bed, letting her lean on him. "I'm sorry about yesterday, I was acting stupid."

"Yeah, you were." He chuckled. 

"Oh, shut up, you're supposed to be comforting me." She pushed off him, attempting one of her usual smacks but the swift movements made her groggy. "That was a mistake." She covered her hand with her mouth, trying to hold in a burp. She groaned again before falling back on the bed, coving herself with her blanket.

"Babe, relax. You can stay in bed all morning don't worry." 

Mina had a suspicious gaze, "Why are you being so nice?" Yeah, Izuku was nice but he was being too nice. 

He had a smile with a small chuckle following it. "Because for once, I'm not the idiot this time." He joked kind-heartedly. He leaned down and kissed her forehead before combing his hand through her hair, stopping at one of her horns, soothingly petting her. "Just rest up." Izuku was about to get up and leave but she reached out and hugged her arms around his neck, pulling him down to the bed with her. 

"No, stay and take care of me." She whined adorably. 

Izuku rolled his eyes, not wanting to admit he liked the clingy side of Mina. He didn't reply with words, he simply got comfortable on the bed and let her cuddle up against him with her cheek resting on his shoulder and her breath softly petting his neck. 

"For some reason, I've always trusted you to take care of me."