Chapter 1

"For here lies Juliet, and her beauty makes this vault a feasting presence full of light. Death, lie thou there, by a dead man interred." Romeo laid down Paris in the tomb next to the love of his life. Although lifelong enemies, fighting for the same thing neither would ever grasp, Romeo complied with his foes dying wish, to be laid to rest near his love. "Here's to my love! The drugs are quick. This with a kiss....I die."

"Y/N! Your uncle's here!" I heard my dad yell from downstairs. I groaned and slammed my book down. It was the best part! I was rereading Romeo and Juliet for probably the third time, and my heart still ached for their story that was cut ages too short. I sighed and put my book down, trudging downstairs.

"If it isn't the fair princess making her way to spend time with us lowly peasants!" Uncle Hizashi announced. I gave a little giggle and went up to hug him.

"I will require tokens of payment for my time," I smiled pulling away from his embrace.

"Why of course my lady, just you wait," Uncle Hizashi laughed giving a little mocking bow.

"Alright you two, let's go," Dad grumbled and yawned. Uncle Zashi and I glanced at each other and laughed. I wasn't sure exactly when our little jokes about me being a 'princess started'. When I was younger I always had my nose in a book (well I guess that has't changed), I would dream about dragons and faeries, princes and princesses. I liked to pretend that I was a powerful princess, and I ruled my own kingdom and all my citizens came to me for my wise stageful advice. Somewhere along the way Uncle Hizashi must have humored me in my little childish dreams, and I guess we never grew out of it. I was glad, it was nice for there to be some part of my childhood I could hold onto, even if it was a silly dream.

"My lady," Uncle Zashi offered out his arm and I locked my elbow with his.

I walked outside behind my dad with my escort, and we got into our car. We didn't often use the car, but today we were going out shopping for the new school year, and it might have been a bit inconvenient to carry around all our bags in the busses.

I pulled out a book on classic fables and fairy tales as my dad and uncle played music in the front. Uncle Hizashi started screaming some lyrics to Enter Sandman and I couldn't help but laugh as I saw the pained expression on my dad's face.

"Are you ready for the entrance exams n/n?" Uncle Zashi turned to his head back to me.

I took a deep breath, "I mean, I guess so..." I was not. I had been slacking off on my training and studying over the summer, and I knew it. U.A. the most well known prestigious school for heroes in Japan. Both my dad and uncle had graduated from there, and they were both teachers. Everyone expected my to get in. All my life we talked about how it would be to have me at U.A. and then becoming a hero and working with my family. Its not that I didn't want to go to U.A. and become a pro-hero, but what if I wasn't good enough. My dad would be so disappointed...

"You have been studying, right y/n?" I heard my dad ask from the drivers seat. "You're always holed up in your room, I never really know what you do in there."

"Awww Eraser, she'll be FINE!" Uncle Zashi said enthusiastically while waving his arms. "Princess y/n here will ace both tests and be top of her class! I just know it."

I gave a weak smile.

"But I don't see why she can't just get in through recommendations!" Hizashi continued.

"I already told you Hizashi, if she is going to get into U.A. it'll be all from her own efforts. We had to prove ourselves from scratch, she will too," my dad said seriously.

"Sorry y/n, I tried," Uncle Zashi glanced back at me with a helpless smile, "I would have recommended you myself if I could've."

"Its alright Uncle Zashi," I told him, "I get what dad's saying, if I get in I'll make sure I depend on myself." I liked the idea of proving myself to my dad, but the thought of having to go through regular entrance exams did nothing to calm my nerves.