Chapter 16

(A/N- *DISCLAIMER* I believe that canonically the USJ battle takes place on this day, but I wanted to save it for later. Whats the point of writing your own story if you can't change things around a little bit ;) But don't worry, that arc will happen very soon,  I just didn't want y'all to think I forgot about it)

"Dad, what are all these reporters doing here?" I asked. Lining the entrance to the school gate was a large crowd of reporters. The flashing lights and jumble of voices started to make me feel sick. I understood why my dad hated the press.

"I'm not sure. I'll walk you inside, then I'll have to ask them to leave," my dad mumbled impatiently.

As we walked through the gates dozens of mics were pushed in my face, and cameras flashed as they snapped at me. I felt nauseous.

"Miss! What is it like having All Might as a teacher?" One lady yelled at me.

"You don't have to respond," my dad whispered before returning to the reporters, "He's not on duty today. You are disturbing the classes, please leave."

I put my head down and walked briskly near my dad as we pushed our way through the crowd.

"Finally," I sighed. My head was pounding.

"Go on to class, I'll be there when the bell rings," he told me. I nodded and headed to my homeroom.

There were other students when I entered inside. They all seemed to be talking about the large mass outside the school. I still felt a bit overwhelmed from the crowd, so I took my own seat alone near the back. Sighing I put my head down. Maybe I wasn't cut out for being hero.

Suddenly a wave of emotions- sadness, helplessness, worry- all came crashing down on me. I felt the all too familiar constrictions in my chest. I was vaguely aware of the room full of people. I felt alone, I was alone. I wanted to be alone, I wasn't alone. I couldn't lose it, not here, not in front of these people. I could hold it in until after school.

I recalled a science experiment we had done in school years ago. A balloon was attached to an empty bottle sitting in water. As the water was heated the warm air expanded into the balloon. Finally, after enough pressure, the balloon couldn't handle it and popped. Now I understood what it was like to be the balloon.

"Good morning class," a sleepy voice spoke.

I must have missed the bell. Slowly I lifted my head and saw my dad at the front. Curiously I wondered if the reporters had left.

"You all did well on your combat training yesterday. I saw the video recordings," he continued. "Bakugo, you're talented, so don't act like a kid."

I stifled a laugh as Bakugo huffed and crossed his arms. With just a few words my dad was able to calm me down. Mr. Aizawa continued to tell Midoriya that he had to get a handle on his quirk. Finally, he mentioned something about 'more urgent business' to attend too.

There was nervous yet excited chatter as my classmates tried to guess what grueling task this crazy teacher would put before us today.

"You have to choose a class representative," he announced.

Immediately everyone started yelling. I groaned and put my head back on my desk. I honestly couldn't believe that anyone wanted to do this job. School was already stressful enough without having the responsibility of the class on your shoulders.

"Silence please!" A voice boomed. I lifted my head to see Iida standing up. "Being class representative is a big responsibility! It's not just who wants to do it, but who has the ability to put the class before themselves! I think we should put it to a vote. What do you think Mr. Aizawa?"