Chapter 10

I stirred and groaned. My muscles felt stiff and sore, and my face felt puffy. I must have fallen asleep while I was crying. What day is it?

I looked out my window. There was a faint warm light. I grabbed for my phone to check the time. 7:30 AM. I slept all through the afternoon and the night. I fell onto my back, letting out a great sigh. I wanted so badly so shut my eyes again, not have to face the responsibilities of the day. I might have too, if it wasn't for my growling stomach.

I sat up, stretching my arms. I took a step out of bed and reached up to pull my hair back. Eventually I gave up, wincing at the pain in my muscles. I walked downstairs to the kitchen table.

The house was quiet, and on one of the chairs our new orange tabby slept soundly. Shortly after taking it in my dad and I came up with the name Ember, since our other cat was called Cinder. I kind of liked the fire theme. It seemed...poetic.

"Hey little guy," I whispered, sitting down next to him. His fur was getting longer and ever so soft. I smiled and ran my hand over his head. He purred lightly, flicking his tail.

"Are you hungry?" I continued. At this his ears perked up, and I giggled, "Alright, come on I'll give you some food."

I walked over to the pantry and poured out a small dose of his dry food pellets.

"Eat up," I said, setting the bowl down.

"Now, what am I gonna eat?" I murmured to myself.

Buzz

I grabbed my phone off the table.

Hizashi: Hey kid, wanna get some breakfast with me?

Me: sounds great, I'll go get ready

Hizashi: K, be there in 20

Me: Should I invite dad?

Hizashi: ...if he's sleeping its probably not the best idea to wake him up

Me: good point

I went back up to my room to get ready. I loved having little dates with my uncle. He always made me feel like the most special person in the world. I struggled through the pain in my arms to put small pigtails in my hair, leaving the rest of it to messily frame my face.

After putting on a bit of mascara and eyeliner I set about the task of picking an outfit. I fumbled through my closet for a few minutes, pulling out various skirts and pants before finally settling on something. I carefully pulled them on right as Uncle Zashi messaged me that he was outside. Eagerly I skipped down to meet him.

(*A/N* Just a little outfit idea

(*A/N* Just a little outfit idea. Idk I have so much fun putting in the outfits occasionally >.<)

"G'mornin princess," he greeted me as I opened the car door.