Chapter 11

(Time-skip a few weeks to the entrance exam results)

"Y/N! There's a letter for you!" I heard my dad's voice call from downstairs. Immediately my heart dropped. My UA exam results, it had to be. There was no other reason a letter would come for me. This was it. The make or break moment of my future.

I forced myself out of bed, slowly walking downstairs. The past couple weeks had been a blur. I tried to keep myself distracted with a lot of training, and of course reading. Now I couldn't ignore my results any longer.

"I put it on the table," my dad told me. He was slouched over in a chair, pointing to a thick envelope next to him.

"Thanks dad," I tried to sound casual.

"We can open it together if you want," he offered. I could tell he was trying to sound casual, but I didn't miss the hint of emotion in his voice. He was a teacher, he must have known the results. What I couldn't figure out was if he was excited for me to open it, or nervous.

"It's okay, I'd rather open it by myself first," I admitted.

"Suit yourself," he shrugged.

I took the letter in my sweaty palms, jogging back up the stairs to my room. Quickly I sat down at my desk. My stomach was a whirlpool. Taking in a deep breath, I opened the letter, reached in, and pulled out a-

Metal disk?

I shook my head, confused. Instead of a letter a metal disk was inside. I was not expecting that. Curiously I took my finger, lightly and carefully touching the surface.

"I AM HERE AS A PROJECTION!"

I shrieked lightly and jumped back, staring face to face with a hologram of the number one hero, All Might.

"I, All Might, am here as a new teacher of UA!" The projection announced happily. I stared in wonder.

"I am pleased to announce that..."

I bit my lips.

"YOU PASSED!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands together.

Holy shit.

"Congratulations examinee! You have exceeded all expectations and we at UA would love to have you in our hero course! Here is the leader board," the projection of All Might was replaced with a board of stats. I scanned the ten rows, assuming these were the top ranked students. I started at the bottom, not seeing my name as my eyes moved up. I felt a little disappointed, but I guess it didn't matter if I wasn't the bes— My eyes caught the top slot.

1st place- Y/N Aizawa: 23 villain points: 60 hero points: Total- 83 points

My jaw dropped. Was someone messing with me? If so this was some cruel joke. There was no way I could have gotten first place.

"On the scoreboard you will see that you are ranked in two categories," All Might's voice interjected, "The villain points count for how many robots you take out. However, the exam was not only graded on villain points! How can a hero course reject people who save others and do the right thing? We also looked at hero points-how many others you helped!

So congratulations my dear student, more information on classes will be sent via email. But for now, relish in the fact that you could be the next number one hero! Plus Ultra!" All Might yelled in a final upward punch, before the projection finally cut off.

I stared at my blank wall where the hologram had been. I...passed. I would go to UA. Not only had I passed, I got ranked first. I could hardly believe it. After the exam I had spent so much time beating myself up because I thought I wasn't good enough. Was this proof that I was? I grinned so wide that I thought my face would crack.