Chapter 3

I got myself up and ready...now was the hard part. I debated whether I wanted to try and sneak out on my own and train, or if I should just try to talk to Dad and see if he would take me to Hizashi like he'd planned. Neither option sounded particularly appealing. In the end I decided I would get more out of my day if I got my dad and uncle to work with me.

Quietly I tiptoed down the steps to see if my dad was still in the kitchen. I peeked my head over the wall and saw a mess of black hair behind a chair. I sighed.

"Umm....dad?" I croaked weakly, sounding much softer than I intended. My throat felt dry.

My dad turned his head to the sound of my voice, and looked at me with another expressionless face.

"You're back," he observed sipping his coffee.

"Well, I'm feeling a bit better now, so I don't know, " I started, "Maybe we could train if you still wanted to?"

"I already called Hizashi and told him you were sick y/n," he said grumpily, "its a little late now."

I gave a weak smile to hide my anxiousness, "Better late than never right?"

With a heave my dad stood up, our cat that I hadn't noticed was sitting on his lap jumped down dismissively.

"Alright, you text Uncle Zashi, its not like he has a life or anything, I'm sure he can meet us at the park."

My smile grew, "Sounds good dad." I started to walk away to get my things.

"Oh and y/n," my dad's voice made me turn my head. He sounded apprehensive, and I looked at him expectantly.

"Yes?"

"I- never mind, just meet me outside in fifteen minutes," he finished looking away.

I nodded and turned my back. What had I expected? An apology? I knew I was never going to get one from him, and II had no reason to apologize, right? He could be so stubborn sometimes. I rolled my eyes and went to get my bag full of training supplies.

"Okayyyyyyy!" Zashi yelled. We were at a pretty isolated park, with fields of grass and a few trees. Not ideal for my quirk, but I guess that was the point.

"Today we're going to do a lot of quirk control!" Hizashi continued grinning wildly at me. He could be scary sometimes.

"Wait, so am I trying to fight you guys, or am I just practicing with my quirk?" I asked him.

"Both!"

"Alright," I agreed. I hadn't used my quirk for defending myself in quite a while, I was no doubt going to be a bit rusty. I had been lucky, my quirk was well rounded and I had devised many ways to use it. The problem would be fighting my dad. I considered myself to be quite strong and athletic, but needing to fight hand to hand against my dad while he cancelled out my quirk would prove a bit tricky. He had more experience than me, and he was stronger. I needed to figure out an advantage.

"Y/n, why don't you warm up a bit," my dad called.

"Yup, I'll go over there I let you old guys try and prepare to lose," I smirked.

"Oh its on like Donkey Kong!" Uncle Zashi yelled grabbing my dads collar.

I laughed and walked a few meters away. I was wearing a modified tool belt, that had some materials I might need as I used my quirk. A spool of metal wire, a little pouch of coins, and half a dozen shurikens that I favored as a weapon along with my prized knife. I also put a scarf over my head, one quite similar to a scarf that my dad used. Inside it contained special metal alloys, meaning that I was able to easily move and manipulate it.