Chapter 20

"Oh look! She's moving!"

"Hizashi be quiet! You're being too loud!"

I slowly blinked open my eyes. The room was blurry, and I had to squint as I adjusted to the light.

"Y/n!" My uncle came up to me, "You had us worried sick!"

"Am I, in the hospital?" I mumbled. I slowly looked around the room. Next to me was a large monitor that wouldn't stop beeping. It was making my head ache.

"Yeah, you're in the hospital," Hizashi told me. Looking into his eyes I saw that he was almost in tears.

"What happened?" I could hardly think. God I needed a nap. My entire body hurt.

"Well, a couple days ago your class went to the USJ for rescue training, remember?" Hizashi began, "And well, after the attack you and Shota were passed out. So we had to rush you both to the hospital."

Slowly my memories began coming back. Bakugo and Kirishima, the villains, the giant monster. My dad covered in blood laying lifeless on the ground.

"Oh my God! Where's dad! Is he okay?" I tried sitting up before wincing. Looking down I saw my arms covered in bandages, tubes extending from each of them.

"Woah woah," Auntie Nem said, "Try not to move so much. But yes, your dad's alright. He still hasn't woken up yet, but the doctors say he's stable."

"Back at the battle," I sniffed, "I thought he died..."

"You both were touch and go for a while," Uncle Zashi said, "You have no idea how scared me and Nemuri were!"

"Your classmates told us what happened, that was pretty stupid of you Y/n, rushing into the villains like that," Auntie Nem said in a serious voice.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

There was a moment of silence, except for the beeping monitors.

"Well, I guess you can't help that natural hero instinct," she sighed. "But next time, leave it to the pros,"

"But there were no pros around, thats the problem," I muttered.

"I know...we're sorry it took us so long. We should have protected you kids better," Uncle Hizashi hung his head.

"You guys showed up in the end, and that's all that matters," I said.

"At least your boyfriend will be glad to know you're awake," Uncle Zashi mentioned.

"My boyfriend?"

"Yeah, the sleepy looking one. He never left your side for the past two days. We tried to tell him to go home, but he insisted on sleeping in here. He literally just stepped out for the first time because we convinced him he needed a change of clothes and a shower." Hizashi explained.

"Oh, you mean Shinso," I realized, "He's not my boyfriend..." I hoped that they thought the redness in my face was from my injuries. Shinso really stayed with me. I tried not to show how much it really meant.

"Well whatever he is, you should call him."

"I will," I agreed. Then I looked around. "Wait, where's my phone?"

"Oh!" Hizashi yelled, earning a stern look from Auntie Nem.

He pulled my phone out of his pocket.

"We'll be back," he told me, "We're gonna go stop by your dad's room and see how he is."

"Alright, thanks guys," I watched them close the hospital door, leaving me alone with pudding cups and heart monitors.