CHAPTER TEN - I Live in a Romantic Horror

"Thank you, have a good night." I said to the pizza man, waving him off after I left him with the tip. I turned to walk into the living room and caught the sight of Ghostface leaning around the corner of the door frame of the kitchen. "Pizzas here." I said, and he goofily scuffled out. He looked like he was pretending to be a ghoul as he made his way over, picking up the pizza box and taking the 2-liter soda from my hands. He rushed around the couch and plopped down, then placed the items on the table. He rubbed his hands together and proceeded to open the box. I'd never seen a happier ghost in my life. I walked to the kitchen and brought back plates, cups and napkins. I then proceeded to take my own slice. Glancing over slightly I saw him hunched a bit trying to eat the pizza under his mask. "Uhh..I can leave the room if you need me to." I suggested. He drew back the pizza after taking a bite, bobbing his head in content as he chewed. "Wait, you have movies?" I looked to wear he was staring through his mask, at the bookshelf of dvds I had. "Yeah?" was all I said in response. He set his pizza on a plate and walked over to take a gander. He skimmed through the collection. I guess working at a library was perfect for me I thought as I now proudly recalled how neatly I organized the shelf. "Ah yeah! This is a great one!" He said cheerfully. I felt warm listening to his excitement towards my dvd collection. "We should watch a movie!" He said. "What kind?" I asked. He turned over to me, and even though I still couldn't see his face, his body language expressed to me that I had asked a dumb question. "oh uhh..a horror movie?" I fixed my response. "Bingo!" He said as he snapped his fingers. "Which one? I have a decent collection on the second shelf down." He slid his finger along the dvds and stopped at one. "This one!" He called and rushed over to the dvd player on the TV stand. He set it up then rushed across the room to turn off the lights, followed by him rushing back to the couch. He reached for the remote and turned up the volume. To my surprise he suddenly wrapped one arm around the back of the couch and rested it on me, drawing me in a bit. My heartbeat raced, feeling the sensation of closeness to my joyful killer. The movie title appeared, "Oh, you picked Nightmare On Elms Street?" I asked, trying to relieve my anxiety by making an out loud observation. "Yeah, I like this one. It's scary~" he said wiggling his fingers in a spooky fashion. After a couple minutes he lifted himself from me to continue eating his pizza. For a moment I peered to the side slightly and saw his mask was raised just enough so that his lips were visible. It was dark in the room besides the light of the TV, but the scene was dark at the moment and I couldn't make out much detail of the little exposure of his face. He was cheerfully eating his pizza, and I figured I'd just let him enjoy it.

At one point I suppose I fell asleep because I woke up to the credits rolling. I felt hands delicately running through my hair, and looked up slightly to find I had dozed off against Ghostface. I was immediately embarrassed and drew back, "S-sorry, I fell asleep?" I stampered out. He gave me his usual chuckle and said, "sleep well, sweetie?" I had no words to say, just felt embarrassment, but more so regret for not having just remained laying there.
"Well it's late. What do you say we call it a night?" He rose up from the couch and looked down to me. I simply nodded, and got up with him. We turned on a lamp, turned off the TV and closed up the pizza boxes. As we started to make our way over to the stairs I saw the shards of broken glass from the rum bottle I had thrown earlier.
"Oh yeah..." I said under my breath. I turned to him shyly and apologized. "I'm sorry I threw that at you." He tussled my hair and said, "don't worry about it. If you hadn't I would have been long gone by now." He walked over and knelt down to the floor, picking up the shards. "You don't have to do that," I said also making my way over, trying to pick up the pieces faster than him so he wouldn't have to clean it. As if we were in some strange, romantic horror movie, our hands met as we both reached for a larger shard of glass in the mix. Feeling the familiar sensation of anxiety and excitement build up, I tried to relieve the tension and without looking commented, "you're rather courteous for a serial killer." His hand pulled the shard from mine, "Hey, I'm still human you know." He responded. I was paused in my action for a minute as my mind wandered in thought.
He was infact human.
He had human needs, he had to eat, sleep, stay active. I felt my cheeks slightly warm. He had desires too, and like anyone else, would want them to be met. Now that I had him here, all to myself, I wanted to meet those needs for him. "-hey, you still awake?" He asked while snapping his fingers to alert me of my daze. Being pulled out of my train of thought, I replied, "Y-yeah. All good."
We dumped the shards of glass in the trash can and after sweeping the floor for any remains we made our way upstairs. I guided him to the guest bedroom that was a door down the hall from the room I had claimed. Upon opening it he seemed impressed. He peered in, looking, around. "Big room," he noted, "why did you choose the smaller one?" I shrugged and answered his question with, "I dunno. I feel more comfortable in smaller spaces. Something about large rooms just doesn't sit right with me, so I made this one the guest bedroom." I leaned against the door frame as he made his way around the room. What you said had been true, you did feel oddly uncomfortable in larger spaces, but you also chose not to have your own room be this one because at one point it had been your grandfather's.
Ghostface flopped down on the bed, feeling it jiggle a bit in response to his weight. He sat up slightly and shifted into what I could only describe as the -draw me like one of your French girls- pose. A smile came to my face at the ridiculous sight.
"So does this mean I'm not sleeping in your room?" Puzzled for just a moment I said,
"My room? What do you-" I cut myself off as I caught on to what he meant, and immedialy covered my blushing expression with the back of my hand. He laughed with amusement, then said, "well that's alright. I think this room will do just fine." I was questioning his words again. "Fine for what?" I asked, as it seemed he was implying something. "For all the stuff from my hideout. Oh- thats right!" He jumped up off the bed with a sudden realization.
"I gotta go get my stuff before it gets searched!" He started to head for the door, and moved passed me. "Wait!" I said, following after him.
He made his way to the front door, and as he opened it he looked back to me. I'm sure I had an expression of concern. I knew it was unlikely for him to actually leave now, but the number of times a boy gave me the
"-oh I have somewhere I need to be!"
Or "-I forgot to do something, I'll be back another time!" Was enough to make me skeptical. Ghostface seemed to pick up on that, and reached out to me. Curious I walked over to his side. He placed a hand on my face, caressing my cheek with his thumb. "Don't worry, I'll be back."
Feeling slightly more assured I let him creep out the door, and into the night.