CHAPTER NINETEEN - Raspberries to Blackberries

I turned the nob of the shower, and waited for the water to rise in temperature. Would I describe a part of my body as feeling sore? Maybe. But in a good way. I smiled with a blush spreading across my face as I daydreamed about the occurrences of yesterday in my head. I tested the water with my hand, then gradually stepped in under the showerhead. I exhaled in content at the sensation of warm water bathing down my body. I thought about his lips, and his hands, his fingers especially. Oh what a job they did on me. My own hand began to trail down my body, trying to reenact his movements. Just as my fingers were gliding between my legs, my phone alarm went off. It startled me and I immediately felt dumb. I pulled the shower curtain to the side and reached for my phone on the sink counter.
"Mom." I opened the message, and it read, "Have you gone to see your father yet?" That's right, dad was in the hospital. The thought completely slipped my mind, though it didn't hold much importance to me to begin with. I texted back, "No not yet. I plan to go later in the week, when I'm not working." Send.
Truth be told the old bastard would probably pull through. He usually wouldn't be described as strong, but in good health nonetheless. He was probably in better condition compared to the rest of his immediate family, being my mother and myself. Shower time seemed less appealing now so I finished up, and got out, wrapping myself in a towel. Upon opening the door, I was passed by an unmasked Ghostface, who happened to be walking by the bathroom door that very moment.
"Morning, beautiful." He complimented, then winked at me. He continued his way down the stairs and I was left blushing. We really gotta stop walking by the bathroom door at these times, I thought.
After getting dressed, and drying my hair a bit, I made my way down stairs as well, and into the kitchen. I saw Ghostface standing there, in a thinking position. "Not in the mood for pancakes or spaghetti?" I joked, though it was true that that was really all there was in this house. "We should go grocery shopping." He said bluntly. I stalled in my movement, and looked at him. "We?" I questioned, absolutely astonished. "Yeah, we need food. You especially." He prodded as he came over and poked my side. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean!?" I retorted. "I've been watching you, remember? You need to eat more." He said tussling my hair. My expression softened and I felt happiness, realizing he was looking out for me in this moment. My hand raised to my waist as I remembered who I was before Ghostface had entered my life. I didn't even realize how little I had been drinking, how much more I had been eating, and how I hadn't thought about self inflicting. Tears pricked my eyes slightly. I swear, Ghostface has a sixth sense to pick up on emotions because just as it happened he turned to look at me from his gandering in the open fridge. His expression showed concern as he came over to me and cupped my cheeks, looking into my eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked me. I attempted to wipe my tears away quickly. "No, it's nothing." I laughed off. "It can't be nothing, why are you crying?" He seemed to yearn for an answer, and it felt so nice to have someone show legitimate concern for me. It brought on even more tears as the emotion overflowed within me.
"I'm just so happy." I sobbed. "I'm so thankful, and happy, and..." I continued, trying to wipe away the falling tears as quickly as they came.
"(Y/n)..." He spoke my name, and held both my shoulders, "Hey, look at me." I moved my hands slightly away from my face in order to view his beautiful cerulean blue eyes. He looked as though his heart ached in the same way mine did. He pulled me in for a passionate hug. "I think you're the first person to ever be that thankful for someone like me." He spoke in a grateful tone. "You don't have to cry anymore though." He kissed the top of my head, and this time I couldn't obey. I bawled into his chest, though it was out of sheer thankfulness for his very existence. I clung to him as he held me tightly. "I'm here now." He said softly. "Stay with me...as long as you can." I told him in a whimper. I tried to tell myself to be thankful for these moments, and to be prepared. He was a killer after all. There was never any true way of knowing what could happen next. I wasn't one to judge people on their life styles, and through having addict friends or significant others, I learned that you couldn't try to convince people to give up unhealthy or dangerous hobbies. They'd only push you away in the end. A person would have to change on their own.
Would I want him to change though?
The thought entered me for a moment, feeling his breathing in his chest as he held me closely. I liked who he was. I admired his abilities. I felt safer in this killer's arms more so than any normal man.
I lifted my head, and we looked into each other's eyes. His head dipped down, and his lips met mine. He smiled as he withdrew.
"So, how about a trip to the local supermarket?"