40

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camilla's POV

I've really started to notice just how much my dad adores Charlie. He even went so far as to scolding me when I went to comfort her. It was a simple touch, but in the moment I wasn't thinking about how much it might have changed things. Now I realise why he stopped me, because it would have changed everything.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

We had been asked to sit at one of those tables that you get in a court room. My father's lawyer was sat on the table over, a good distance away else I would have managed to reach over and shove him off his chair, but I couldn't get violent and I knew that.

Mr Henderson had warned me many time to 'stay calm they have nothing against you' but it didn't help, because knowing my dad, he will dig up the most stupid things.

He would try to get to you the time when you fell down the stairs by your own feet and wrongly sued the school, or when you lost your virginity to 'the wrong gender'.

But obviously, none of that mattered anymore. He had nothing against me. Nothing to win this. He was alone.

And the only way that he could possibly get away with something like this, was if he lied through his teeth and literally (like in The Vampire Diaries) turned his humanity off.

You'd think he would show some sort of remorse, but he never did in arguments. It was always you did something wrong or you did something wrong.

This wasn't a trial where you had a jury, this was down to the judge and the judge himself, which is why they brought one in from out of the country, just so he wasn't corrupt or something.

-------

We were sat for at least 20 minutes before they aloud the police in with my dad. Unfortunately.

I think there must have been about 5 men who came in first and then the man himself strolled through the door, like this wasn't even the biggest chance in the world that he could get sent down for life.

But that's just him, his smug expression tries to catch you off guard to thinking there's absolutely no way under the sun that you could win an argument against him.

But I knew exactly how to break it. I knew what made him snap from that strong exterior, and I was ready alright. But he knew how to break me too. And that's where we cancelled each-other out.

"Stand for the Judge!"one of the mail officers spoke.

We all stood, and in walked the only person in the room that could decide mine and my father's fate.

He nodded to the officer and we were all told to take a seat again.

"We are here today, for the trial of Mr Monaco. He has been accused of attempted murder. Please state your case, the both of you. I want no irrelevant comments to be made and expect no arguing with each-other unless it's through the lawyers." He said as he looked back and fourth from Mr Henderson and my father's lawyer.

My father's lawyer went first.

"I am Mr Haynes, and my client pleaded not guilty for all of the accusations Miss Monaco has accused him of. We believe that this was an act, to win over the Mafia, after all, we know what Miss Monaco is capable of-." His speech was cut short by Mr Henderson.

"Objection" he stated. The judge nodded and warned Mr Haynes.

"What did I say Mr Haynes?" The judge scolded.

"Moving on, we are here to prove Mr Monaco's innocence." He finished and sat.

The judge then pointed to Mr Henderson. We had kept the speech short, not giving away our intentions.

"Miss Monaco, has in fact accused her father of these allegations, and we will not back down. Thank you Judge." He nodded and sat, patting my shoulder.

---------

It was time to take the stand. Me.

"Miss Monaco, would you come up here." The judge said.

I made my way up to the stand, and sat. Mr Haynes glided towards me, confidence oozing from his aura.

"Miss Monaco, why would you even think to accuse your own father of these acts?" He questioned.

"You think a dad does these things to his kid's, huh? He's no dad to me." I remained calm, no emotions.

I was going full throttle cold.

And yet even though we would both do the same thing, keep it cold hearted and relentless, someone would end up getting hurt, and between me or my dad. It was probably going to be me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts on how this is progressing? Are you liking it? Were you expecting it?

👋