22

Camilla's POV

I really needed to. It's been too long. It's taken too long. We've ignored each other for too long. We needed to.

Charlie's POV

She grabbed my face and slammed our lips together, the feeling so euphoric. My hands grabbed onto her hair, trying not to take my pleasure out on her. Her lips separated from mine, travelling down to my neck and biting down.

"Shit Camilla." I breathed out, struggling to get any air in. My hand tugged on her hair, moving her head away from my neck trying to keep myself sane. I knew that she wasn't ready to go any further, and I was fine with that.

"I'm sorry about before. I didn't mean what I said." She whispered out, moving away from me and giving us space.

"I know, I am too. But I meant it when I said that I'll keep you safe. It's my top priority."

"Was it your dad the whole time?" She asked, seeming unsure on whether it was the right question to ask.

"I don't know." I said, looking down. I didn't know. Her hand grabbed mine.

"You'll find out. But I am safe now. Mike's gone so now you can go to work and actually find out. You won't be my bodyguard anymore. Not that I went anywhere for you to be there anyway, but you won't need to stay here anymore. That might give us the space to think properly about what we're doing, and give you the chance to find out what's happening." She said.

"I'd love to be your bodyguard. But I know, and I'll probably have a new job or a different one. Hopefully I won't be needed for a while though. After this I need a break. This whole thing was exhausting and I'm not sure I can do it again straight away."

"I know you're strong Charlie, but you don't need to be all the time. You need to let go once in a while. Let go. Having it all kept in won't be doing you any good, you need time to unravel before you make any more decisions regarding someone's life. Promise me you'll take some time."

"I will, but that means you should too."

"Me?"

"Yes, you're always so tense and so closed down. Open up. Whatever's going to happen isn't going to hurt you as much as you refusing it does."

"But when it comes to you I can't. I can't open up. I'm afraid I'll fall too fast and too hard."

"I wouldn't worry too much about that, I already have." I said, brushing my hand along her cheek.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So? Thoughts?

I know it's happening fast all of a sudden , but you'll be able to keep up with the pace of the next few chapters when you know what's happening. I really hope you're enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying writing it.

👋