32

Camilla's POV

So all this bother about me breaking her heart, and then she goes off with Meghan. What does she want me to think? She's supposedly heartbroken but she's already got another fling. Heartbroken doesn't lead to having flings here and flings there. You don't get over loving someone by sleeping with 9 million others. It doesn't work like that.

It was stupid sleeping with other people. And you'd learn to regret it. She'd learn to regret it. Believe me, I've tried it and it doesn't work. She won't get anything out of it except maybe making me a bit jealous but its nothing I can't cope with.
After all I deserved it. I had been the one to prance around with Mike whilst I knew she harboured feeling for me.

It was unfair on my part, and now shes doing it back but unintentionally, I had done it on purpose to try and get her off my back. But I still loved her, and nothing would change that. I'd go through hell just to see her on the other side.

I know it was fast, I know that we fell incredibly fast... but she was exactly what I had needed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

Me and Meghan slowly made our way back home, talking slightly about the differences in our childhoods and how hers was considering Dad was never there to support her and her Mum. We made our way inside, distant shouts echoing through the house as we rushed through the halls.

"What the fuck is going on?" My voice rose over the arguing, my eyes connecting with Camilla's as she seemed to be the one creating the most havoc. I stared at her only stopping when I felt a harsh pain in my cheek.

"What was that for?"I asked, annoyed

"Where were you?"she sneered at me.

"Out."

"With her." she said pointing towards Meghan.

"Yes." I asked confused.

"So you've moved on anyway, why throw a pity party if you've already moved on?" She asked angrily.

Meghan burst out laughing, but I kept my expression emotionless.

"Meghan and me?"

"Yes." she stressed.

" She's my sister."I let out.

"You don't have a sister."

"Well I do now."I breathed out.
She shoved me back forcefully and glared.
"What the-." I begin but was cut off by her lips on mine. I immediately shoved her back.

"What are you doing?"

"Kissing you."She replied stupidly.

"Camilla, what are you doing?" I asked again, more forcefully this time.

She let out a breath.

"I'm sorry."she said clearly.

"I never meant to hurt you, I thought you were gone, the doctors were going to turn off your machine. Me and Jayden are only married for the sex, to get rid of sexual frustration and that. There's no connection." She rambled on.

"Camilla." I spoke softly.

"I mean, the sex is no way near as good as you were, but we both needed something to let go so we chose eachother, the marriage is just for show, you know the media and all. I swear I don't love him. He's nice and all but he's not like you-." She carried on.

"Camilla." I spoke louder.

"I meant to say that I love you, I never stopped, I thought I'd lost you and I was already grieving before anything even happend, I'm sorry Charlie." She finished.

"Camilla." I said this time, gaining her attention.

"You hurt me, bad." I admitted. .
"You know I love you, but you need to give me time to build it back up." I said reassuringly.

She looked up at me and hugged me. There was nothing else we both needed more.

"Go to sleep Camilla, we will sort everything out eventually." I said leading her to her room.

"No charlie, with you."

"I'm not worth it."

I walked away from her into my room . I got under the covers and closed my eyes. I felt the bed dip and opened one eye. She was trying to be as quiet as possible. She slowly edged closer to me, hovering over me, before settling down, hugging me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I questioned sternly and she jumped.

"Geez I thought you were asleep."she said shyly.

"Camilla. I can't do this with you." I whispered.

"Why not? We love each other, is that not enough?" She blurted out.

"No."

"But I'm all yours Charlie."She said. But I couldn't cave in to her.

"Not anymore." I said, leaving it in the air as the night slowly passed by. What else could I have said?

I closed my eyes again and drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------

What do you think ?

👋