21

Camilla's POV

I know it wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I'd go as far as saying it was a mistake because now I've got myself all up in Mike's business. He thinks we're actually together, what did I think was going to happen? Only God knows. Because I bloody don't.

I know Charlie's annoyed by it, and I know it's affecting her big time. But she deserved it, and know I was originally in the wrong, but she didn't even give a chance to try and make up for it or even apologise.

I hated this just as much as she did , but it needed doing. After all, you know what they say... you don't know how much it meant to you until you've lost it.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

My eyes searched for Mum, only to find her already making her way towards me.

"Is he meant to be talking with me today or next year?" She spoke sarcastically, even though we both knew that it was anything but the time for that.

"I honestly don't know. But he's got Camilla right where he wants her. Right where he can decide her next steps in life, or death. There's more though, Dad didn't want me to tell you but he gave me one million to pay dickface off. I couldn't take any chances, I left the money in a backpack near the front door, I didn't even notice when he took it until a little while ago. He's got the money, he's got you in the room, and now he's also got her. I should have been more careful." I sighed, angry.

I could feel his glare on me before he turned to Camilla and pulled her in for a sloppy kiss which caused me to instantly look anywhere but in their direction. Instead I caught the eyes of Mrs Henderson looking at me sympathetically, giving me a warm but sad smile.

I smiled back at her and looked away from her too. My attention went back to Camilla as she and Mike had moved to dance. He was whispering in her ear and stroking down her back, doing all this whilst looking at me smugly.

"He's making it very obvious Charlie, you've got backup right?" Mum asked from beside me.

I looked him up and down as he made her twirl and noticed a gun in the back of his pants. That bitch, in a room full of people.

"I need backup!" I whisper shouted into the phone to my boss. I pushed Mum back behind a table and ran towards the both of them and tackled him before he even had a chance to do anything.

I turned to look at Camilla but my head shot back the other way, the impact of a slap.

"Dad." I whispered, my voice breaking.

"Stay on the ground!" Mr Henderson shouted towards Mike, holding a gun in which I knew he had way too much experience in using. He loved the shooting range, and hunting. I kicked and punched and did everything in my will to hurt this man who was laying beneath me, his hands raised to defend anything that actually managed to hit, knowing that he was only going to retaliate if I didn't do anything. He deserved everything he got.

I was yanked off of him by my boss. I looked around and noticed that our men had my dad surrounded by guns and now also Mike, meaning they saw the whole thing.

"Charlie, calm down." My boss said. I didn't even know how he knew my name but just hearing how soft and caring a man can be, caused me to break down. I slumped into his grasp.

How much I hated that man. My mother ran to my side and held me. I was surrounded but I couldn't see Camilla.

My boss swapped roles with someone else and they knelt down behind me and held me too. So affectionately. Then their scent invided my nose. Camilla.

"It's okay." she whispered in my ear. I closed my eyes and rested my head on her chest and held onto her arms. All it took was for one simple move, and I'd forgiven her. My eyes reopened and I looked around for Mike and my dad.

"Why did he do that?"I panicked standing up and placing my hands on my head, as if it would give me an answer to my question.

"It's okay th-... Charlie?"Camillas voice drowned out as I slipped away.

----------

"Charlie come on darling, you're okay." I heard my mothers voice after a while of silence. My eyes struggled to open but they did anyway. My heart rate sped up again and my mother noticed but was stopped by someone moving behind me to in front of me. My eyes were wide and panicked as they met Camilla's.

"Come on, time for you to rest, Camilla would you mind staying with her." Mr Henderson's voice broke through the silence.

"O-of course." Camilla stuttered and blushed. A

They helped me up and ushered me to my room. Someone undressed me and then put me in bed.I felt a warmth next to me meaning Camilla was there.

"Camilla?" I whispered.

"Yeah." she whispered back softly.

"I hate your boyfriend"

"He's not , I-I dont know why I said that, but he'd been calling me girlfriend for a while and I though that maybe I should just do it to make everything normal again."

"What do you mean?"I moved to look at her, inching back a bit after noticing how close I was to her face. I looked into her eyes waiting for a reply.

But what I didn't expect was the sort of reply it was.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm enjoying this story. What will happen next ??? Read on and find out 🙃