31

Camilla's POV

I might have overstepped this time. Well, I have quite a few times but this time, was twice as worse. She would obviously take it as I meant that she's not worth it, but I didn't mean that. I meant that picking her up and helping her wasn't worth it, because it would just rope her in. We were sat helping her, she'd think we were welcoming her back. We weren't. Well, I wasn't.

I knew this might cause me and Jayden to have problems, but I didn't want them to form a friendship over the fact that I had been with them both or them slag me off behind my back and create a cult chanting ' Camilla's a bitch' or whatever. Obviously that was just me trying to make myself feel better, but it didn't.

It made things ten times worse, because they probably would end up doing it if I kept acting like a bitch.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

"M-me, not w-worth it." I spat out. I rushed out the house to my car. I had one place left to go. I'd regret it later. But there's no where else. I've listed everyone I used to care for. All the people I've ever loved and I managed to lose them within 5 hours of being conscious .

I drove out of the state and into another. This place wasn't close to home for a reason, so I'd never go there, but here I am.

I was headed to my dad's prison.
Where else was there. There was no one else left to break me, he broke me once, so I may as well see him considering he can't do it again.

----------

I arrived there 6 hours later, not stopping my journey once.

I walked in and showed them my ID and they let me in immediately knowing who I wanted to see.

I sat at a little table in a room with a mirror, it looked like one if then questioning cell things but I wasn't too bothered. A young officer came to direct me to my father's table, as it was around lunch time.

This was an all mens unit and yet there was a woman sat next to my father. I made my way towards them and I swear I'd seen her before.

"M-meghan."spluttered out, confused.
My dad's head snapped at the sound of my voice and you could see in his face that his heart broke right there.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I directed at Meghan.

I got no answer. I shook my head in disappointment and turned to walk away. A strong hand grabbed my arm and I knew instantly who's it was.

"Get the fuck off." I demanded with pure hatred. He froze when I turned to look at him.

Men were starting to gather around and my dad didn't even notice. They started walking protectively towards my dad as if I was going to kill him.

"Take one more step." I dared to them all. They didn't stop. I yanked my hand away and grabbed my necklace. It was what the head of the mafia wore, but I wore it purely in memory of how much I wanted to have a good relationship with my dad.

I flashed it them and they bowed their heads and backed down. My dad was staring at the necklace. He reached for it but I stepped back.

"Don't." I shook my head and wiped the tears away.

"Y-your the boss." He said.

"No."

"But you're wearing the necklace."

"To remember that no matter what I'll always love you."I sobbed out.
"I can't move on after what you did, you're the only person I've got left, you've already hurt me and I can't take anything else, I need someone that remembers me for me, and you're the only hope I've got left dad." I whimpered out.

"What about your home, your real family's there." he said. I shook my head.

"My real family's here." I cried out. I fell into the table and broke down. He knew how hard it was for me to say those words. He knew it.

His arms engulfed me. His smell. It all felt like home. "Y-you are my home." I whispered.

"I'm so sorry Charlie." He whimpered out. He was so weak. No power. No love. No one.

"I'll never forgive you for what you did to me, but you didn't break my heart, Camilla did." I struggled out.

"I'm sorry." he said again. I could hear the tears in his voice, which I knew he only did when he meant it.

I lifted my head and looked him in the eyes. I then remembered the other presence and met her stare.

My eyes widened.

"So there's still more secrets." I said defeated.

"She's your sister." he blurted out. I nodded my head but no words were let loose.

"I'm sorry Charlie, I would have told you, I swear."

"Enough, it's okay, I'll visit every month, keep it on the quiet though. Bye dad. I love you."a tear slid down his cheeks.

"I love you."he said back.

I smiled at him and Meghan then walked out. I got outside and I put my hands on my knees. Oh my fucking god. What did I do. He was my only fear, and it's gone. I was starting to panic but it all of a sudden stopped. I felt a warmth on my back and spun around, being met with identical eyes to my dad's. She pulled me in for a hug and I felt so loved.

"I'm sorry for earlier." I said sincerely.

"I forgive you."she joked and broke away from the hug.

"Home?" I offered.

"Home." she breathed out happily.

It was funny having a sister I'd never known about. It's like gaining your other half without even knowing it was missing. It was really weird. But worth it. Some people will never meet their long lost family, and sometimes things won't work out. But I felt like the luckiest person on earth to have found mine. Maybe it wasn't all too great knowing that my dad had an affair and actually got the woman fucking pregnant but I could at least say something good came out of it. Except not all was found. And not all was lost.There's always another step waiting to be taken. Now I had to take it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy it ?

👋