Back At It ((At It Again))

{10 years later} 

It's been 10 years since I've seen Michael. I miss him so much. The last I heard about anyone in his family was the grand opening of Circus Baby's Pizza World and Rental. I don't know what happened, but all of the Aftons went missing or something like that. Their daughter, gone. Their youngest son, gone. Mr. Afton, gone. Mrs. Afton's the only one that we actually know what happened. She ended up getting hit over the head with a metal bar due to a malfunction with an animatronic ((Unique. There's a different death.)), so she was gone aswell. And Michael, we have no idea what actually happened to him. He just stopped showing up at school one day. The teachers were acting like nothing happened at all. 

 I ended up going to collage in New York and got a job that meant that I was going to be going on a bunch of business trips. But we'd have so many meetings in Japan, that I ended up just moving there. Crazy, right?! 

I would go back home to visit family and such every 3 months and for holidays though, so that was one thing that  I actually had going on for me.  I had gotten a boyfriend that just ended up cheating on me, so I have a few trust issues now. There was one guy that I used to work with though that actually was a real gentleman towards me. I'm pretty sure that he actually had a crush on me, but no matter, I'm wasn't going to ask him about it. 

I ended up getting fired after about 2 years of working there for something that I didn't even do and didn't have any intentions of doing. I decided that I was going to move back to [home town], instead of just staying in Japan. 

I'm actually currently just about to get on a plane to go back there. I already purchased an apartment, so I at least had that. 

I  was just hoping that this time, I'd actually see some sign of an Afton being there. 

------------------------------------------------------

I got back home and my mom and dad were so happy to see me. My best friend though, just happened to be visiting at the same time, so when I saw her outside the airport, I practically screamed out in joy.  Turns out she was a really successful [Bestie's dream job]. I was just so happy for her. 

I had to find a job  here, so I decided, why not? and went by Circus Baby's Pizza World. I knew that they'd probably hire me, because of a few rumors that I've heard, but I just wasn't sure . 

I got there and as soon as I walked inside, there was just a SERIOUSLY off-vibe in there. I tried to ignore it, but my brain was making it really hard to do so. 

I went to the office and to make a long story short, they ended up hiring me right on the spot, without seeing my application or anything like that.  Kinda suspicious, but whatever. I had a job now! Still no sign of any Afton though.

--------------------------------------------------

Someone that worked there had got me a uniform and informed me that I was going to be starting my shift at Midnight that night. They looked really familiar. Their eyes were a shade of blue, almost like the ocean, and he had fluffy brown hair. The voice too.., it was just so- so familiar. 

"And I'll be doing the night shift with you tonight, just so then I can help you get settled in on your first night," they explained. I nodded. I was just so mesmerized by him. That's when it hit me. 

Before I could say anything, he introduced himself. "I'm Michael by the way. Michael Afton," he said, holding out his had for me to shake. 

"Wait, Michael? It's me!" I exclaimed. He gave me a confused look, but then he replaced that look with realization. 

"[Y/N]?! Oh my God! I thought that I was never going to see you again!" he exclaimed. Rather than shaking hands, we ended up hugging each other. He turned and  kissed my forehead. "I thought that I lost you...," he said. 

"Lost me?" I asked with a small chuckle . "You're family members are the ones that went missing." 

"Oh, yeah, true," he replied, soon pulling away from the hug . 

"By the way, whatever even happened to your family?" I asked. 

"Oh, well, my sister died from an animatronic... my dad never finished revealing those details to me, so I'm not sure exactly how,", he explained.  My dad got springlocked, my mom got hit of the head with a metal bar, since that old Bonnie animatronic kinda lost it, my younger brother...," His voice trailed off, but I was still listening. "He got bit on the head by an animatronic, causing his neck to snap and he went into a coma," he finished, his voice breaking. "And died a few days later...  i-i-it was a-a-all my fault..." 

"Wait, what?" I asked. "How was it your fault though?" 

"My friends and I thought that it would be funny to do a harmless prank on Chris... well, what we thought was going to be harmless-," he responded. "We lifted him up to get a so-called 'closer look' at Fredbear, and my friend thought that it would be funny to shove his head into the animatronic's mouth, just to give him a good scare. One thing led to another a-a-and..." 

"You don't  have to finish, I can already guess what happened," I said. I could tell that there were tears in his eyes. They were all glossy. 

"And  I-I-I didn't even get a chance to let him know how sorry I was, f-f-for everything that I've done to him...," he continued. "That's the w-w-worst part... it was o-o-over 5 years ago t-t-too, but it s-s-still tears me up inside to know that I was the reason of his death ..." I immediately pulled him into another hug. I didn't know what else there was to say. It was terrible. I had no idea that this even happened. 

After a little while of comforting Michael and trying to make him feel better, we looked at the time and it was about 7 P.M.. "I won't keep you here all day. You should probably rest up before the shift," Michael said. 

"Oh, yeah, thanks," I said back. "Please, just try not to think about it that much. Maybe send a few prayers in a way of communication with your brother." He smiled slightly. 

"Thanks for the tip," he replied. I smiled back, but just before I could turn away and leave, he gently grabbed my hand, causing me to turn back over to him. He looked into my [E/C] eyes and almost seemed like he was just hesitating to do something. I wasn't going to say anything, but then gave my hand a small squeeze, just before letting it go and walking away . I smiled and started leaving. 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N; I had to cut it off right here for now, just because I didn't want it to be a hella long chapter, but just a small warning for the next chapter, if you get really over-emotional and/or cry easily, you probably will, so just be careful and maybe keep those tissues handy. Or just don't read it at all.