Crushed

After we got up to the ski area and rented out our skis, we got them on and went up the Raven chair lift. I always listen to music on my phone while I ski, so while we were heading up the side of the mountain, I turned on Spotify and started blasting songs in my earbuds. 

It was perfect when I had gotten to the top and was about to get off, when the song Animals by Maroon 5 had started playing. It was so up beat and had the perfect pitch and beat for skiing. 

AS I was skiing down the run, I felt the wind through my coat. When I got down to the bottom, I heard something behind me, so I looked behind me. When I turned back around, in a split second, I ended up running into a snowboarder. After I had crashed into them, I had to take a few minutes to analyze what was going on. "I am SO sorry!", I finally decided to say, trying to bring myself back up. 

"Are you ok, Ma'am?", a familiar voice said in an English accent. I looked up and they were offering me a hand. "Wait, (Y/N)?" I nodded. "Hey! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" 

"We literally just saw each other on Friday", I said. 

"I know, but still", he said. I took his hand and pulled myself back up. WE decided to go on a few runs together. As we went on the Bananza chair lift, we talked about pretty much everything there was to talk about. He was actually really good at snowboarding. He had just started a few winters ago, but it looked like he had been doing it since as long as he could remember. 

Later, we went down to the lodge and had lunch. They were playing a bunch of pop songs like I'm a Mess by Bebe Rexha and Cool for the Summer by Demi Lavato. He got us both cups of hot chocolate and some extra hand warmers. I noticed how fluffy his hair looked and how his eyes sparkled in the lights of the lodge. 

I was lost in my thoughts, when he waved his hand in front of my face. "You good?", he asked. 

"Oh,  yeah!", I said snapping out of my thoughts. He let out a small laugh. God, he was so dang cute. 

After about 30 minutes of just relaxing, we went back outside to start going down the different trails again. It was nice to have someone that shares a passion with me.