The Answer Is... YES!

------The Next Day----------

It's honestly just really stressful. I had to get up at like 3 A.M. and drove for like 6 hours, just to go to some board meeting like thing that doesn't even really have anything to do with me. I'm exhausted. I sighed as I looked out the car window at the rainy skies. 

Our meeting was already over, but I just needed some time to recalibrate. I started the car and was about to start the long drive back home, but right as I did, I heard my ringtone. I checked the caller ID, which read 'Michael' with 2 sparkling heart emojis. I answered it with a, "Hey." 

"Uh, hey, is there any chance that you'd be able to meet me at the halfway point?" he asked. 

"Oh, yeah, sure, but where exactly is the halfway point?" I asked. 

"You know, that one town, I believe that it's called 'Thousand Oaks', about an hour from L.A.", he replied. 

"Oh, yeah, sure," I said back. 

"Awesome, see ya then," he responded. We hung up and I set my phone down./ What the heck did he need to meet me at the halfway point for-? 

I started driving and got there after about 2 hours. Yeah, no, this definitely isn't halfway. I put on my jacket, got out and looked around. It's a bridge, it looks like. There's no sign of Michael though. It's still raining, but it doesn't look too terribly bad. 

-------------------------------------------------

My God, what's taking him so long? It's been about 5 minutes! My hair's already soaked and it's really chilly.

I saw a car pull up and immediately recognized it. Michael's car. He got out and ran up to me. "Michael, this is NOT halfway!" I said. 

"I know, I know, I just didn't want you to have to drive for a long time," he replied. 

"But, why did you want me to meet you here?" I asked. 

"Well... it's just that," he started. "I just need to do this. I've known you for years and I know for sure that I love you." He seemed like he was hesitating to do something. 

"I love you too... but why did you need me to meet you here?" I asked. He held both of my hands and stared into my eyes, just before letting go and reaching into his pocket. 

"This just needs to be said," he responded. He pulled out a small velvet ring box and got onto one knee. My heart was already pounding into my throat. He opened up the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. "[F/N] [M/N] [L/N], will you make me the happiest man in the world and do me the honor of being my wife?" 

I was speechless. Tears of joy were running down my face. "Yes! Of course I will!" I exclaimed. He got up and kissed me. After we pulled away, he slipped the ring onto my finger. There were tears of happiness soaking the sides of my face, along with the raindrops on my cheeks. "I love you so much!"