Chapter 16: Federico's Birthday

The next morning

I got up early and went to Ludmila's room before Federico wakes up.

Violetta: Morning, are you ready to go wake him up?

Ludmila: Yes, get your present and then meet me outside his room.

I went to fetch my present and then I tiptoed to his room. Once Ludmila opened the door slowly, her phone rang.

Violetta: Why didn't you leave your phone in your room!

Ludmila: I wanted to take a video of his reaction.

As Ludmila was about to turn the sound off, we saw Federico was the one calling her. We both looked at each other and then at the bed. As we moved closer to take off the covers, Federico popped up from behind the door, gave us a fright and threw us with water.

Federico: Boo!

Ludmila, Violetta: Ahhh! Fede!

Federico burst into laughter and threw himself on his bed. We stood there staggered and a bit traumatised as we weren't expecting that.

Federico: You should've seen your faces! That's the best birthday present ever! I should've taken a video of that! That was priceless!

He couldn't stop laughing and we just stood there annoyed with him.

Violetta: If that was the best birthday present, then you don't need anymore from any of us.

Ludmila: Yeah! That wasn't funny at all! Stop laughing! You could've damaged our presents!

Federico: Okay, I'm sorry. So, anybody going to say happy birthday?

Violetta: I'm going to get changed.

Ludmila: Yeah, me too. Let's go.

As we were about to walk out the door, my dad and Angie came to wish him a happy birthday.

Angie: Morning, what happened to you two?

Ludmila: Don't ask.

Violetta: Be careful, he might have more water waiting for you.

German: Um, okay. Happy birthday Federico!

Angie: Happy birthday Fede!

Federico: Thanks! At least some of you wished me a happy birthday!

Ludmila: Maybe if you hadn't wet us, we would've all wished you as well as given you your present.

Federico: I had to do it, I heard you two from the room and then decided to scare you. Come on, it's my birthday, you can't be mad at me on my birthday.

Angie: He's right, I think you girls should forgive him and give his present you so kindly bought for him.

Olga came walking upstairs with his favourite chocolate cake. Ludmila and I looked at each other and knew what to do to get him back. We were thinking the exact same thing.

Violetta: Fine, we'll forgive you.

Olga: Federico! Happy birthday! I've made you your favourite! I hope you enjoy it, it's all for you. Freshly baked, came directly from the oven!

Federico: Thank you so much Olga. I was going to share with you girls, but you didn't say happy birthday, so I won't.

Olga gave him the tray with the cake and we walked closer to him as he sat on the bed. Everyone was behind us when we wished him a happy birthday.

Ludmila, Violetta: Happy birthday Federico!

We slammed the cake in his face, and he was covered with chocolate icing. He smiled to himself and then pulled us both to the bed and gave us a hug. We were all covered with chocolate icing from the cake and Olga freaked out a bit.