Chapter 23: Her Special Day

Violetta's (POV)
After an exhausting long week, I woke up hearing my phone ring early in the morning. I picked it up and saw it was Francesca calling.

Francesca on the phone with Violetta

Francesca: Vilu! I need your help!

Violetta: Good morning Violetta, how are you. I'm fine thanks, how are you Francesca, I would say.

Francesca: Yeah, yeah. I need your help!

Violetta: What's wrong?

Francesca: It's Diego and my 2-year anniversary today!

Violetta: Congrats!

Francesca: Thanks, but that's not why I called.

Violetta: I figured. So, what is it?

Francesca: I'm positive he forgot!!!

Violetta: Are you sure he is just pretending he forgot to surprise you?

Francesca: I know when he is hiding something, and he isn't hiding anything! I spoke to him on the phone and he was acting normal.

Violetta: You can fake it when you're on the phone better than in person. It's easy to pretend not to know. I think you are reading too much into this.

Francesca: No, I promise you! He forgot about it!

Violetta: Okay, should I come to your house, so we can figure this out?

Francesca: Please! I'm going to call Cami.

She ended the call and I got dressed. I checked the time and saw it was 6am. I then called Leon to ask him if Diego had said anything to him.

Leon on the phone with Violetta

Leon: Hello? Vilu?

Violetta: Morning my love, I woke you, didn't I?

Leon: It's okay, what's wrong?

Violetta: Francesca woke me up and called me to say that she's convinced Diego forgot their 2-year anniversary. Did he speak to you about any plans he might have or anything like that?

Leon: No, he didn't. I actually think he forgot because he would've told us about it. I'll call him and let you know.

Violetta: Okay, thank you.

Leon: Anytime, bye.

I ended the call and went to Francesca's house.

Francesca: Thank you for coming.

Violetta: Sure, no problem. So, what exactly is going to happen if he did forget?

Francesca: Did you hear anything yet?

Violetta: No, I'm just asking.

Francesca: Well, besides me strangling him to death, I'd do nothing but cry the whole day. So be prepared for a week sleepover with ice cream tubs, pizzas and movies.

Violetta: I still think he didn't forget, he is just trying to scare you.

Francesca: I hope you're right. I'm going to shower and get changed into something other than my pyjamas, Cami should be here soon.

Violetta: Okay, I'll wait for her here.

When Camila arrived, I got a call back from Leon.

Leon on the phone with Violetta